Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monday Was A Day Off


Tuesday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, has to admit that yesterday he gave himself a Day Off

Yep ... that’s right ... a Day Off ... meaning yesterday he totally ignored his usual errands and chores list, didn’t schedule any entertainment event, and spent a good part of the day/evening in front of his new (to him) 42” TV screen watching The College World Series from Omaha.

So ... this posting is gonna be kinda brief (stop the f**king applause, I know who you are and where you work) and, frankly, pretty blah ... so ...

The two College World Series games were really fun to watch. 

The first was was an afternoon game won by Texas 4-1 over Louisville, who has eliminated.

The second game was an evening game won by Vanderbilt (GO SEC) 6-4 over UC Irvine, whose mascot is an Anteater.

Anteater? How lame is that?

Between the games I did leave the apartment to do a decent walk and wander session, this time in the Upper Eastside.

At 7:15pm I subwayed up to East 66th Street and then walked the streets East/West from Lexington Avenue to York Avenue and back, up to 72nd Street. I then walked down 72nd back to the 66th Street station and subwayed back to the apartment.

This is basically in the same area I like to walk and wander in The Upper Westside, for the majestic brownstone buildings. Well, in this area in The Upper Eastside there are brownstones, but most of the buildings are relatively new high-rise apartment buildings with a much more yuppy feeling.

It was 9:30pm when I got back to PHC. I had recorded 4.29 miles on my WeightWatchers Pedometer.

Watched the rest of the Vanderbilt/UCI game and that was basically Billi Pod’s Monday.

Well ... boring ... I know ... so ... let’s move on to what I have scheduled for tonight ...

7:05pm==>YANKEES/TORONTO @ Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built. (partial season ticket plan)

On the mound for The Yankees will be our ace Masahiro Tanaka (10-1) vs. Marcus Stroman (3-1).

I am really charged about this game because this will be my first time seeing Tanaka in person. He is on a roll. In his last 4 outings he has allowed only 4 ERs (1.21) while holding opponents to a .190 batting average.

I plan to leave a bit early for the game so I can have a walk and wander session in The Bronx.

Now ... let’s move on to something totally different.

Tomorrow’s blog posting will be delayed (if not entirely skipped) because your favorite blogger has something different scheduled for the morning.

What is it, I know you are anxiously asking your inner selves? Well, inner selves, this is it ...

At 8:00am I will meet up with my friend Marie Taylor and we will subway downtown to South Ferry where we will join members of The New York Landmarks Conservancy (Marie is a member) for a special tour ...

“Leslie Koch, President, The Trust for Governors Island, has extended a special invitation to The New York Landmarks Conservancy for a behind the scenes tour of the 30 acres of new park land on Governors Island.”

Sounds interesting doesn’t it?

Hopefully when I get back to PHC I will have time, and be in the mood for, the usual posting. If not, then you understand why.

Now, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is time to post this and begin work on my now tardy errands and chores list.

Oh ... on a very positive note ... yesterday was a good walking day ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.10 miles (or, 11,163 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>636.93 miles (average 3.82 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: