Sunday, June 29, 2014

2014 GAY PRIDE PARADE and Other Stuff


Sunday==>HAPPY GAY PRIDE WEEK to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers.

At noon today I will join John Scott Reed aka Fabson and a team from FacebookNY at 39th Street between Madison and Park Avenues to take our place in the 2014 Gay Pride Parade. This will be the first time FacebookNY has participated in this annual parade. I have been told that our team will be in the 100-150 person range. I am rather confident I will be the oldest person in our group.

The parade will travel south on 5th Avenue down to Christopher Street in The West Village. I estimate the distance to be in the 1.75-2.0 mile range, which won’t be any problem for your favorite blogger.

The weather is decent, sunny with some clouds and 74ยบ at 9:00am. It is forecast to be in the low 80s at parade time. I will be dressed in the orange Facebook T-shirt Scott got for me, black jeans and my Gator cap (remember, I always wear my Gator cap on weekends). I will have plenty of water and sunscreen in my backpack.

I am REALLY charged about this event and that is putting it mildly and I am sooooooo grateful that I have been given the opportunity to participate with the FacebookNY team.

Now ... I need to get this posting completed and posted so I will have plenty of time to walk over to the parade staging location.

So ... let’s begin with Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday afternoon’s Off Broadway show ... 

ENTER AT FOREST LAWN, the “darkly comic” peek inside the not-so-funny world of network television. When America’s favorite TV uncle heads into a downward spiral of drugs, prostitutes and criminal activity, how far will the show’s megalomaniac producer go to cover up his star’s debauchery, keeping the laughter coming and the money train on the tracks==>B

This “dark comedy” started off kinda funny and then it got darker and darker and darker until there was absolutely nothing to laugh about in the final 15 minutes of the show. I won’t say more because to do so would be major spoilers and Billi Pod tries to avoid spoilers in his report cards, if at all possible.

The story line is interesting but highly convoluted. My major quibble is that the actors spent most of the time yelling and screaming and cussing at each other and that gets old after awhile.

The acting is uniformly excellent, especially Mark Roberts as Jack, the rich and famous megalomaniac Hollywood producer. 

Is it worth seeing? 

Billi Pod says==>yes, if you want something different and kinda weird. If not, then stay far far away.

The show, a production by The Amoralists, is playing at Walkerspace on Walker Street down in Tribeca, has a running time of 1:10, without intermission, is general admission seating and runs through August 9th.

I got down to the Tribeca area a bit early so I could have a walk and wander session before the show. When the show was over the weather was still nice, so I walked through SoHo up to The Village where I then subwayed back to the apartment. 

This helped me record another 6+ mile walking day.

When I got back to the apartment I had my usual fruit and cheese plate and then settled in to watch the YANKEES/FUCKSOX game at 7:15pm from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built.

What a game!! Jon Lester and Masahiro Tanaka were locked in a classic pitcher’s duel with the game tied at 1-1 going into the top of the 9th inning. Then, Mike Napoli belted a tie breaking HR off of Tanaka, who gave up to 2 HRs during the game, and The FuckSox ultimately won 2-1. Man, this hurt big time. It was, however, a very exciting game to watch.

Tonight at 8:05pm on ESPN is the final game of the 3-game series. On the mound for The Yankees (41-38) will be Chase Whitley (3-1) vs. John Lackey (8-5) for The FuckSox (37-44).

Yes, I will be in front of my TV for this game, too.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is time to post this and then get ready to head out. You can expect a lot of parade pictures in tomorrow’s posting.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.50 miles (or, 14,209 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>695.58 miles (average 3.89 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: