Saturday, June 14, 2014

Alexander Markov Carnegie Hall Concert - Justin Allen Pifer - THE MUSCLES IN OUR TOES - The Yankees


Saturday==>Good morning to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend planned because your favorite blogger certainly does ... so ... let’s begin with ...

Billi Pod’s report on last night’s classical music concert ...

ALEXANDER MARKOV, VIOLINIST and SHATTERED GLASS ENSEMBLE @ Carnegie Hall - “From Baroque to Paganini”

The concert, which included works by Marcello, Bach, Tartini, Mozart and Paganini was==>totally AWESOME!!

Markov is an amazing musician. He performed some works as a soloist, alone on the stage, and then with Shattered Glass Ensemble. The 14-member Ensemble was also amazing and the combination of the two had the almost sold-out audience totally enraptured.

When the concert was over the performers received a well-earned and well-deserved roaring standing ovation, something that rarely occurs at Carnegie Hall.

To add to my enjoyment, my comp. seat was one of my best ever at Carnegie Hall, paid or comp. I was in the front row of a box seat in the very center of the first tier, which is one level up from the orchestra level. It was wonderful.

I don’t want to seem overly dramatic, but, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting, I have to admit that I was almost overcome with emotions as I considered that I was witnessing a stellar concert from a prime seat in Carnegie Hall in New York City, The Greatest City In The World, for the cost of $4.00.

Yes ... I told my inner self  ... I am indeed lucky and fortunate and I am grateful beyond words ... Thank you HIGHER POWER ... 

Anyway ... 

When the concert was over, around 10:00pm, it was raining so I subwayed back to the apartment and settled in to watch the YANKEES/OAKLAND game, details below.

Moving on ...

Today, around noon, my friend Justin Allen Pifer is coming over to PHC for some much needed/wanted face time.

This fall Justin will begin his Senior year at Pace Law School, in White Plains, NY. He has done very well academically and has also participated in many law-related extracurricular activities.

We will catch a bite somewhere in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

Billi Pod’s entertainment event for today is ...

8:00==>THE MUSCLES IN OUR TOES - “In this dark comedy, four friends meet at their high school reunion, and ponder a plan to free their old friend who’s been kidnapped by a radical political group.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is in early previews, is playing at the Bank Street Theatre in The West Village, has a running time of 1:40, without intermission, and runs through July 13th.

This is a production by the LAByrinth (that’s the correct spelling, not a typo) Theater Company which usually produces interesting and “different” stuff.

Now ... let’s close this posting out with just a bit of sports ...

Last night in Oakland The Yankees (35-31) won game 1 of the 3-game series against The Athletics (40-27) 7-0 as David Phelps and the bullpen combined for a 2-hit shutout. It was a very exciting game to watch.

Tonight at 10:05pm it will be Hiroki Kuroda (4-4) on the mound for The Yankees vs. Scott Kazmir (7-2) for Oakland.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.26 miles (or, 7,133 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>622.06 miles (average 3.79 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: