Friday, October 28, 2011

Thursday Was A Funky Day & My Travel Plans

I have to admit that Thursday was one of the longest days I can remember. To begin with, it was ugly, nasty, gloomy and raining for the entire day and into the evening and that in and of itself made the clock slow down.


Frankly, I was still processing the loss of my dear friend Gil Goshorn and I spent a lot of time just staring into space and emotionally sucking my thumb.


Yes ... while I will admit to being in a funk for the entire time I am also pleased to report that I was able to make all of the necessary plans for my trip down to Florida for Sunday’s Memorial Service.


When all of the plans and stuff were completed, it was around 4:00pm and it was still very nasty out. I had a New York Philharmonic concert scheduled for 7:30pm in the evening. My ticket was a comp., as part of my season ticket subscription series, meaning it was free.


As my departure time arrived it was still raining and I made the decision that I would not brave the elements. Yes ... yes ... I know ... I know ... but folks I just wasn’t in the mood, I just didn’t want to leave the cozy confines of PHC.


So, Billi Pod settled in and watched Game 6 of The World Series and, man, what an exciting game it was as The Cardinals kept battling back to send the game into extra innings. They ultimately won in the bottom of the 11th inning on a walk-off home run by David Freese.


Game 7, the final game, is tonight and Billi Pod predicts that The Cards will win.


OK, now ... my plans are as follows:


Saturday 10:30AM - depart LGA

Airtran # 782

02:21PM - arrive Orlando


William A. Norris, III

4339 Watermill Ave.

Orlando, FL 32817

407-657-8586


Sunday Drive up to Gainesville


2:00pm - MEMORIAL SERVICE


Baughman Center

982 Museum Rd

Gainesville, Fl 32611


Overnight in Gainesville with Chuck and Ramona Chance.


Monday Drive from Gainesville to Orlando Airport


02:19PM - depart Orlando

Airtran #785

06:00PM - arrive LGA


And, of course, looming over all of this is the forecast for rain and possibly snow tomorrow in The Big Apple. Please, God==>keep The Norris Travel Curse away - PLEEZE!!!

Tonight Billi Pod will meet up with John Scott Reed for the 8:00pm performance of The Tiger Lillies @ St. Ann’s Warehouse in Brooklyn.


Justin Vivian Bond will participate in “Sinderella Songs,” sardonic and sexually explicit songs about the classic fairy tale. (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)


After the show we will catch a bite in the ‘hood and then I will come back to PHC, finish my packing and, hopefully, get a few hours sleep before the 7:15am pickup by my car service. I am providing extra time because of the potentially bad weather, just to be safe.


In closing I want to report that I have talked twice with Linda and she is doing well.


Those of you loyal and faithful readers who know her understand==>she is one tough and very emotionally strong lady.


Also I want to thank everyone for the thoughtful emails, posts and texts. They really meant a lot to me.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-65

No comments: