Thursday, October 13, 2011

Jesse Eisenberg & The End of the World.

Last night’s first public performance of Jesse Eisenberg’s new play ASUNCION was excellent.


The house was virtually sold-out with a young and enthusiastic audience. But ... Damn ... my seat was in the next to last row and I was concerned. Just before the show began the House Manager moved my row to much better seats closer to the stage. I was seated next to the Publicity Agent for the show and we had a nice chat at intermission. I was hoping for an invite backstage, but that didn’t happen. Oh well ...


Jesse Eisenberg has a compelling stage presence and the interaction between the cast members is spot-on. I found the show to be very funny, well written and thought-provoking.


Billi Pod says==>See it.

I have a very interesting event for tonight ...


7:30==>LAUGH, SING, DANCE! @ Town Hall - “National treasures Bill Cosby and Chita Rivera join music virtuoso Mark Nadler for a one-night-only gala evening of comedy and musical entertainment.” (complimentary ticket).


OMFG!! I can’t believe I have a comp. ticket for this event. Yes, I know that it will probably be in the nosebleed section, but no matter - the important thing is being there for free. Awesome!!


OK, Billi Pod will close this posting on a serious note ...

As a gentle reminder to you loyal and faithful readers out there in the vast hinterlands==>THE END OF THE WORLD occurs on Friday, October 21, 2011, according to the Christian broadcaster Harold Camping and the “prophets” that occupy the walkways in The Port Authority Bus Terminal.


You will recall that Camping originally predicted that the end would begin on May 21st. When nothing happened he had a stroke. He has now recovered enough give us the benefit of this new prediction.


Actually, according to my internet research, the event will occur here on the East coast @ 6:00 EDT on Thursday the 20th.


Billi Pod thought you would like to have this advanced warning. No need to thank me because this is my calling and my responsibility as a fair and unbiased reporter here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-50

No comments: