Thursday, October 6, 2011

RIP Steve Jobs

Yes==>RIP Steve Jobs.

Thank you for bringing me into the computer world in 1992 with the Macintosh Performa and then subsequent works of technological genius. I am confident that without the ease of operation of the Macintosh interface I would never have made it into the computer world and ultimately cyberspace.


Thank God my dear friends Randy Bentley and Jim Vandewalker were early Apple devotees who steered me away from the spawn-of-the-devil Windows operating system and into the much easier to understand and operate Apple platform, which was and still is basically, a plug-in and play system.


Yes, I became hooked on the Apple system and have had many laptops and desktops. I remain a Mac-person to this day.


I also must thank Steve for the iPod, iShuffle, ‘Nano, iTunes, Apps, Apps Store and, of course, the iPhone.


I had a first generation iPod, which became almost an obsession ... thusly ... my current name==>Billi Pod.

Now, my loyal and faithful readers, I know I probably shouldn’t be posting the following excerpt from an ABC News item, but I am doing so to show more evidence of just how low the religious-right has sunk ...

*********************

"The Westboro Baptist Church took to an iPhone when they heard about Steve Jobs’ death Wednesday night, sending out a message saying the Apple founder would be going to hell and calling for a protest of his funeral.


“Westboro will picket his funeral. He had a huge platform; gave God no glory and taught sin,” wrote Margie Phelps, daughter of the church’s founder.


The controversial group often pickets outside of soldiers’ funerals to draw media attention to their cause, which includes anti-gay material. Phelps tweeted the messages from her account, with an automatic note appearing at the bottom of the Tweet saying “via Twitter for iPhone.”


“No peace for man who served self, not God,” she wrote with the hashtag, #hellgreetedhim. “Westboro must picket.”


Thursday morning, Phelps responded to widespread criticism of her using the iPhone to Tweet the messages, saying that the phone was created by God–not Jobs–for that purpose.


“Rebels mad cuz I used iPhone to tell you Steve Jobs is in hell. God created iPhone for that purpose!” she wrote."

*************************

All Billi Pod can say about this is==>Unfuckingbelievable!!


You know the political scene is getting stranger and stranger by the minute for the Republican Party. I don’t want to dwell on it but ... first Governor Chris Christie says “no thank you” and then ex-Governor Sarah Palin says “aw shucks - no thank you.” Governor Rick Perry’s popularity with potential Republican voters has tanked according to recent polls.


And, various states are moving their caucus/voting dates around in an apparent game of one-upmanship. Yep, it is gonna be an interesting year.


Moving on ...


Last night’s NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC concert was excellent, ending with a sublime performance of Brahms’ Symphony No. 3. It was just what Billi Pod needed/wanted.


When the concert was over he walked back to PHC. It was kinda brisk and windy.


Speaking of brisk and windy ... when I woke up this morning at 8:00am it was 48ยบ and when I left the apartment to go over to the Eastside for my periodic finger-prick appointment with my Cardiologist it was very windy out.


The brief session went fine and everything is “normal” (if that word can ever be used with anything related to Billi Pod). I also got my annual flu shot, something I urge all of my loyal and faithful readers over the age of 50 to do.

Well, as you know==>tonight is a big night at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, when The Yankees and The Tigers meet in Game 5 of the ALDS. It is loser go home.


We are relying on rookie sensation Ivan Nova and The Tigers are relying on Doug Fister, the pitcher we beat in the suspended Game 1. Nova got the win in that game.


The first pitch is scheduled for 8:07pm on TBS. Weather will not be a factor. Billi Pod will be there in his usual seat.


The winner of the game advances to Game 1 of the League Championship Series on Saturday against The Texas Rangers. The loser ... tada ... goes home.


Well, it is almost 4:00pm and I am really antsy about the game, so will post this and then spend some time just walking around the apartment sucking my thumb.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-43

No comments: