Sunday, October 9, 2011

Billi Pod Says==>See BLAME IT ON BECKETT!!!

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers out there in the hinterlands, I am writing a separate posting on a terrific show I saw tonight, The World Premier of BLAME IT ON BECKETT, playing at the Abingdon Theater Company at 312 West 36th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


As you know, I posted about it yesterday, but to bring you up-to-date this is an expanded synopsis:


“Meet Heidi Bishop, a bright-eyed, tenacious literary intern with big dreams and an even BIGGER problem: Jim Foley, her bitterly sarcastic boss with a penchant for caffeine and chaos. Set in a literary office of a regional theatre company, Blame It on Beckett follows Heidi's struggles to balance her artistic integrity against the demands of her personal and professional life.”


If you are a theater-nut like moi, this is the show for you because it has many many insider theater references, delivered by a uniformly stellar cast, headed by Warren Kelley in the crucial role of Jim Foley, the resident dramaturge for the theater company.


A lot of gut-busting laughter but with a deeper story line regarding the integrity, or lack thereof, in the theater-world and the choices that sometimes have to be made that pit character vs. desire.


The small venue was sold out and a few extra chairs were brought in. When the show was over the audience gave the cast a roaring ovation and it was well deserved.


As I was leaving the theater I had an opportunity to meet the playwright, John Morogiollo (who is also a Yankee fan). I told him how much I enjoyed the show and also, how much I enjoyed reading his blog about the early stages of the production process. I made reference to this in yesterday's posting.


He seemed to really appreciate my comments.


Bottom line==>see this show. It runs through October 31. It is currently listed on the $9.00 TDF list for October 12, 13 and 15. Tickets can also be purchased online at:


https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=4cfd83c176e0d9b62ecb0edd505c0b53


Yeah, I can say that the show rescued what was otherwise a sucky day because of the ass-whipping my Gators got from LSU.


Will post more details and stuff later on today.


GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-46

No comments: