Monday, November 9, 2009

October Was A BALLERRIFIC month! Oh yes!!

Good afternoon my loyal and faithful readers - I hope each of you had a great weekend, I know that I did, but more about that in a later posting.


This posting will be about what a BALLERRIFIC (have I created yet another new word??) month October was for Billi Pod in The Greatest City in The World. Oh, I knew it was good but not until I checked my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) did the full impact of the month become apparent. Mentally I was concerned that my almost obsessive following of the Yankees, even when they were playing out-of-town, would have a negative impact on the number and diversity of things and stuff I did during the month. Well, I will give you the numbers and let you be the Judge, in other words: “I report - you decide.”


During the month I saw/did/attended the following:

5 Broadway shows (“Memphis;” “Brighton Beach Memoirs;” “Oleanna;” “Finian’s Rainbow;” and, “In the Next Room or the vibrator play”); 8 Off-Broadway shows; 2 New York Philharmonic Orchestra concerts; 7 Yankee post season games; and, 2 movies: (“Zombieland” and “The Boys Are Back”).


The 7 post season games were: 2 in the American League Division Series; 3 in the American League Championship Series;, and 2 in The World Series. The Yankee’s record for these games was 6 wins and 1 loss. As you know, the Bronx Bombers went on to win The World Series on November 4th, and, of course, I was there.


I get a kinda “gulp-factor” when I next report that during the month I actually stayed in PHC 5 days/nights (gulp) without attending some entertainment event. The reason, which I am sure you know, was to watch The Yankees and/or The Gators on TV. Yeah, I know - I am an avid fan of both teams, but still, it does cause me to gulp when I report the numbers.


I was able to spend some quality time with Michele Purcell and her friends Mary Ann Pipping and Mayme Clark of Polk County, FL. We had a great after-theater dinner at Angus McIndoe and then I took them to 420 W. 42nd Street for a tour of Penthouse C and its awesome views of The Big Apple. Also on the quality time list was face-time, twice, with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed.


I posted 15 times to this blog, double the number for September.


So, when you factor in all of the post season games together with the other entertainment activities I respectfully suggest that October 2009 was a BALLERRIFIC month for Billi Pod, but it is up to you, my loyal and faithful readers, to determine because ...


“I report - you decide!”


Go Gators!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

No comments: