Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wednesday - The Yankees Post-Season Quest Is Over!! Fucksox 11 - Wankies 3.


While technically the Yankees are not out of the wild-card race in the AL East, tonight’s implosion sucked all of the life out of this lackadaisical band of buffoons and embarrassed their loyal fans yet again. Everything went wrong: starting pitching, the bullpen, defense, base running, basic hitting, and hitting with runners in scoring position. The fans seated around me were really down, and, of course, the game was another sellout.

So, it does look like the last regular season home game against the Baltimore Orioles on Sunday, September 21, will indeed be the last game in The House That Ruth Built (and, of course, I have a ticket).

Was listening to the post game wrap-up (I guess I must have a masochistic side too) and an incredible statistic was given - the Yankees are 8 wins and 43 losses in games when trailing after 4 innings, meaning, simply, when they fall behind mid-game it is all over, regardless of how many runs they are behind. This stat validates a feeling I have had all season.

I have tickets for 7 of the remaining home games and, of course, I will be there until the bitter and painful end.

Once the regular season is over I guess I will have to dig out my old old Tampa Bay Devil Rays cap. Man, that is sooooooo f**king weird - Tampa in and New York out. Who would have thunk it? No one, that's who.

Oh well - closing on a positive note - HAPPY 22nd BIRTHDAY TO JOHN SCOTT REED!!!!

Peace!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: