Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday - The Norris Travel Curse Is Flying Rampant


I can’t believe that The Norris Travel Curse has struck yet again. It simply will not go away and it taunts me by striking randomly.

What am I talking about? Well, on the flight down to Columbia, SC, on Thursday everything went as scheduled. The flight departed and arrived on time and my duffle also arrived with me.

The weekend was excellent and I will write more about it later. What I am doing now is simply venting --

It is Monday afternoon around 4:45pm and I should be at the Columbia airport for my departure at 6:50pm heading back to the Big Apple, arriving at 8:45. But, I am still at Kathi’s because I received a call on my iPhone informing me that the flight had been delayed until 8:45 for an arrival at 11:09. Damn ... but liveable.

Well, it has gotten worse. Another phone call - the flight has been further delayed - departure now at 10:09, arrival 12:04am. Now, that isn’t good. I am going to head out around 7:00 but my gut tells me that the flight is going to be canceled.

Problem, of course, is the difficulty in getting from Columbia, SC, to LGA, without going through that hellhole known at Charlotte.

Why, or why does this happen to me?

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: