Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ever Had One of “Those” Days?

You know, the kinda day that isn’t bad but isn’t good either. The kind, that when it is over you wonder ... “where the fuck did it all go and why didn’t I do ‘something’?” Well, that was Tuesday for me. I didn’t feel bad physically or mentally or anything like that, it was just ... ugh ... blah ...

It very much reminded me of the lyrics from the song that John Adams sings in the musical 1776:

“You see, we piddle, twiddle, and resolve
Not one damn thing do we solve
Piddle, twiddle, and resolve
Nothing's ever solved....”

I was going to do lots of things and stuff in preparation for my trip down to Columbia, SC, on Thursday. I had nothing scheduled for the evening but I was certain that something would show up on one of my ticket services. If not, then I could always catch a movie or comedy show or something.

Well, nothing showed up and I just wasn’t in the “mood” for a movie. I did go out walking for an hour or so in the early evening. When I came back I resigned myself to watching the Yankees@Texas game which started at 8:00.

In keeping with the tone of the day, the Yankees were blah and they lost a game they should have won. The score was 6-8. I have an increasingly bad feeling in my gut about the chances of the Yankees making the post-season.

Today, Wednesday, will be a much better day. I still have some cleaning and stuff to do and then tonight I have a classical music concert at Lincoln Center with a discounted TDF ticket. It is part of The Mostly Mozart Festival and will be: Mozart - Overture to The Marriage of Figaro; Mozart - Piano Concerto in C Major; and, Beethoven - Symphony No. 4.

I also want to report that the series of short plays I saw on Monday at the 59@59 St. Theater on Sunday were excellent. That night I saw the movie “Step Brothers” with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly and I loved it. Now, if you didn’t like “Superbad” and/or “Knocked Up” I suggest you save your time and money. If you did, however, this is a must see, as are the upcoming “Pineapple Express” and “Tropic Thunder” with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downy, Jr. Can’t wait.

My Monday night show, a benefit concert called: “Variations on Shakespeare: An Evening of Songs Inspired by the Bard,” was OK, not as good as I had anticipated but OK. One problem was the sound system which was never corrected.

Oh, yes, thanks to all of my attorney friends for emailing me warnings about posting the Dave Barry article and plagiarizing and then altering the lyrics to Neil Diamond’s “You Don’t Bring Me Flowers Anymore.” Yes, I am still a member of The Florida Bar, and, yes, I understand that everything must have consequences, but in the case of Scott & Benjamin I thought it was worth the risk. Well, apparently it wasn’t since it has now been 220 hours and counting since I have received a text message from either one of them. Oh well ... nothing ventured nothing gained.

In closing, my schedule for my trip to Columbia, SC --

Thursday - 10:21am - depart LGA - Delta #4585; 12:38pm - arrive Columbia, SC. John and Kathi Bendeck - 803-736-6657.

Saturday - 10:20am - graduation ceremony for Gina Falletta @ University of South Carolina.

Monday - 6:50pm - depart Columbia - Delta #4793; 8:45pm - arrive LGA

Go Yankees!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yippi ki yay city dweller. see ya tomorrow when you get to south carolina where the best celeb we have is Steven Colbert. when you get here you will get to check out my new hair cut. it reminds me of an old fella i know.