Friday, August 15, 2008

Thursday - Neil Diamond in Concert Tonight

I have to say that the concert tonight was everything that I have come to expect from a Neil Diamond concert and I think 99.99% of the crowd agreed with me. The photo is a stock photo, not one taken at the concert.

He came on stage at 8:20. There was no opening act (and no intermission), and from that moment the lights went up on him he had the audience in the palm of his hand. He was backed up by the band he has been performing with for over 30 years.

He did 3 numbers from his new album and they were warmly received but the “Diamond Standards” are what really turned the audience on and we sang along with him on most of them. The song that got the longest applause was “Brooklyn Roads” about him growing up in Brooklyn. My favorite was “I Am ... I Said” followed by “Sweet Caroline.”

The concert was over about 10:30 and I left feeling very very happy with the World.

This afternoon I went downtown to the Fringe Festival Headquarters and got tickets for 13 shows, which I will detail in a later post.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: