Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tuesday Night - The Fucksox 7 - The Wankies 3

It was a frustrating night at The House That Ruth Built as the woeful Yankees lost to the Fucksox by a score of 7-3 but that score doesn’t do justice to the lack of performance by the Yankees in every area of the game, starting pitching, fielding, and hitting, especially with runners in scoring position. The same old lackluster performance yet again. ARod was pathetic. He grounded into two double plays, one with the bases loaded, struck out twice, including the final out, and made a fielding error. He was loudly booed, as he should have been. It was really painful to watch the game, which was, of course, sold-out. This was my 26th game and their record for those games is a pathetic 14-12.

The only thing that saved the day from being a total disaster was the time I was finally able to spend with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed and his student/server/ boyfriend Benjamin Sears. We had lunch at, gasp, Hooters, located on 56th Street between Broadway and 7th Avenue. Yes, guys, I said Hooters, and it was so ordered by Scott. Frankly, I did entertain the thought that when I arrived I would get a text message that I had been punked. But, that didn’t happen. They arrived and we went inside the testosterone-fueled restaurant. We ordered 50 wings and curly fries and let our big-boobed server flirt with us. When we finished 44 of the wings I asked the server to put the remaining 6 in a take-home bag. Then we walked down 7th Avenue to The Stage Deli where we shared a massive piece of cheese cake.

When we split I walked back to the apartment and Ben and Scott went to God-knows where. So, guys, it was great being with you and thanks for saving my day.

It is 1:30am and I need to post this and crash.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: