Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Jessie Eisenberg - Stumpy and Routledge - The Yankees and CC


Tuesday==>Good afternoon to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

Yesterday was basically nothing more than an errands and chores day for your favorite Sunshine State blogger. Boring ... but ... I got everything done, including the weekly re-stocking visit to the mammoth Publix across the street in Winter Park Village.

In yesterday’s posting I commented that for the evening I would probably catch a movie, either HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 2 or STONEWALL, both playing at the Regal Cinema in Winter Park Village.

Well, when the time came I just wasn’t in the mood for a movie, so, instead I turned off the background music and settled on the couch to do something I haven’t done in a very long time ... read a book.

Yep, this is what I began to read ...

BREAM GIVES ME HICCUPS by Jesse Eisenberg - “Taking its title from a group of stories that begin the book, Bream Gives Me Hiccups moves from contemporary L.A. to the dorm rooms of an American college to ancient Pompeii, throwing the reader into a universe of social misfits, reimagined scenes from history, and ridiculous overreactions.”

“United by Eisenberg’s gift for humor and character, and grouped into chapters that each open with an illustration by award-winning cartoonist Jean Jullien, the witty pieces explore the various insanity's of the modern world, and mark the arrival of a fantastically funny, self-ironic, and original voice.”

Eisenberg is an Academy Award-nominated actor, playwright and contributor to the New Yorker. His acting credits include: The Social Network, Now You See Me, The Squid and the Whale, The End of the Tour, and the upcoming Batman v. Superman.

The book has received generally very favorable reviews.

I am a huge fan and during my long tenure in New York City I actually had the opportunity to talk with him on several occasions. He's really a nice guy.

I am about 3/4s of the way thorough the book and I am totally loving it.

It currently is available on Amazon.com

Moving on ... 

Tonight I am having an early dinner with my fraternity brother and dear friend Stumpy Harris and his son Routledge (yes, that is the correct spelling).

They will pick me up around 6:00pm and then we will head out to a Vietnamese restaurant, Little Saigon, located on E. Colonial Drive in Orlando.

This will be two firsts for me. One, meeting Routledge and, two, eating at a Vietnamese restaurant. Should be fun.

Stumpy has promised that they will have me back at the apartment in time for ...

8:00pm==>Yankees vs. Houston Astros at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, for the one-game wild card play-off.

On the mound for the Yankees (87-75) will be our titular ace Masahiro Tanaka (12-7) vs. Dallas Keuchel (20-8) the ace of the staff, for the Astros (86-76).

Keuchel, who is a major contender for the AL Cy Young Award, will be pitching on three days’ rest, which, hopefully, will be a factor in the game.

Folks, this should be a nail-biter and I predict the winning margin will be only one run.

The winner of this game will advance to the ALDS against the Kansas City Royals, in KC on Thursday.

The Yankee Universe was stunned to learn this morning that our former ace CC Sabathia will spend the post-season in alcohol rehab, following a weekend-long bender in Baltimore.

The early comments from Yankee management have been highly supportive.

Billi Pod says==>best of luck CC ... one day at a time.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... will post this and finish up the Eisenberg book.

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!! 

Yesterday’s mileage==>4.76 miles (or, 9,321 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>1,118.15 miles (average 4.02 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: