Thursday, October 1, 2015

A MAJOR THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!! - Another Medical Update - The Yankees


Thursday==>Your favorite Sunshine State blogger is totally overwhelmed by the outpouring of supportive emails, texts and posts from his loyal and faithful readers and followers and friends.

THANK YOU to everyone who took the time. It was highly emotional for me to read each and everyone that began to arrive within minutes of yesterday’s posting regarding the positive results from the surgical biopsy that was performed back on Wednesday, September 22nd.

Yes, we have taken a big step toward KICKING CANCER’S ASS

Of course, I still have serious medical issues arising from prostate cancer but, together, we will handle these one day at a time.

I also want to express my deep appreciation to Lance Smith for taking me to the doctor’s office and to my son Bill for taking time off from work to be with me at the doctor’s office and then driving me back to the apartment. And, a thank you to Dottie Harris for also offering to take me.

Moving on ... 

This morning at 8:00am I had a followup appointment with the surgeon, Dr. Sebastian De La Fuente, at Florida Hospital in Orlando. I took the bus from the apartment to the hospital and back.

I was taken in promptly at 8:00am. Dr. De La Fuente came in with 5 other doctors. He examined the site of the surgical incision and said he was very pleased with how it looked. He said that the lumps I was concerned about were scar tissue where the two nodes had been excised and that it could take up to 6 months for them to go away.

He told me how pleased he was with the final results.

Now ... remember from a previous posting ... the doctor is an FSU fan ... and, he had told me not to ever wear my Gator T-shirt again. Well, for this appointment I wore the same Gator T-shirt that I had worn at our first appointment.

This time we had the following discussion, as the examination was complete ...

Me: Doc, I like what you did ... but ... I’m gonna have to sue you.

Doc: Oh, why?

Me: Oh, you know why. It’s for having “A ‘Nole” tattooed just above my belly button.

Doc: Oh, you noticed ... (pause) ... well, I have a deal to offer you.

Me: Yeah, what is it?

Doc: You agree to keep the tattoo and not sue me and ... I will let my son, Mario, who is a HS senior, attend the University of Florida. Deal?

Me: Deal!!

And we shake hands ... and then laugh ... and the other 5 doctors have looks on their collective faces that says ... WTF just happened?

They then left the room and I could hear the Doc explaining to them what had happened. There was a very loud roar of laughter and applause.

Nice way to end the appointment.

Moving on ...

I had hoped that yesterday’s magic would extend through the evening to allow the Yankees to clinch a playoff spot by defeating the despicable Boston FuckSox ... but ... alas ... it wasn’t to be.

No, the FuckSox won the 3rd consecutive game of the 4-game series, from Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed and Ego Built, 9-5, in 11 innings. The Yankees squandered numerous opportunities to put the game away.

Tonight at 7:05pm is the final game of the series. A win will clinch a post-season birth for the Yankees.

On the mound for the Yankees (86-72) will be our former ace CC Sabathia (5-10) vs. Rich Hill (2-0) for the FuckSox (78-80).

Billi Pod plans to spend the afternoon and evening in front of his 42” flat screen TV watching baseball.

So ... I will close this posting with another THANK YOU to everyone who has joined with me as, together, we are, in fact, going to ...

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!! 

Yesterday’s mileage==>3.15 miles (or, 6,894 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>1,097.92 miles (average 4.03 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: