Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Thank You! - Update==>Lunch at Le Cirque & Carnegie Hall Concert - Whoopee - Baseball - Saylor & Finley


Wednesday==>I want to start today’s update posting by thanking those of my loyal and faithful readers and followers who sent me texts, emails and posts regarding yesterday’s “Some Deeply Personal Thoughts” posting. 

I deeply appreciate your thoughts and comments and, again, a reminder that your favorite blogger has not ... repeat ... has not made a final decision about leaving The Big Apple to return to The Sunshine State.

So ... let’s just get started with an update of things and stuff that happened since the last entertainment posting back on Monday ... starting with ...

Lunch Monday with Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever at the posh French restaurant Le Cirque on East 58th Street, as part of Restaurant Week.

We had a great time. The ambiance was breathtaking, the food was amazing, the service was excellent and the experience was totally enjoyable.

We got there around 2:00pm and it was around 4:00pm when we left. What a great afternoon and thank you again, My Lady, for making all of the arrangements. You are the best!!

For Monday evening I had a concert ...

NEW YORK NOUVEAU @ Carnegie Hall.

This program featured symphonic groups from Downers Grove Illinois High Schools and celebrated music with unique ties to the Big Apple.

It was a very enjoyable evening and the respective musical groups of high school students did exceptional work in performing a very diverse program of music.

For me the highlights were: “West Side Story Suite;” “Finale of Dvorark’s Symphony No. 9;” and, “Rhapsody in Blue” performed by the District 99 Jazz Orchestra.

My comp. seat was excellent, in the center orchestra section, row P, as in perfecto.

Your favorite blogger left Carnegie Hall in a very pleased and satisfied mood.

Yep ... Monday was an excellent day.

Tuesday started off with the “Some Deeply Personal Thoughts” posting, which, for me, was emotionally draining, it really was.

The weather basically sucked during the afternoon and into the evening and ... guess what ... more snow ... barf!!

Luckily, my entertainment event was at the Theatre Row Complex just steps away from my apartment building because the sidewalks were really dangerous with snow, ice and slush.

My show was ...

7:30==>WHOOPEE - “Sally has been forbidden to marry Wanenis because of racial differences. Henry, a hypochondriac, helps Sally elope and then is accused of kidnapping. Even more zany complications ensue.” (Off Broadway - $9.00 TDF ticket)

In 1928, Whoopee starred Eddie Cantor and Ruth Edding with songs “Love Me or Leave Me,” “Yes, Sir, That's My Baby,” “My Baby Just Cares For Me,” and “Makin' Whoopee.”

Billi Pod’s report card==>A

This was a Musicals Tonight production and they did an excellent job, as usual, with a very talented cast, headed by Blake Joseph as Henry and Kate Emerson as Sally

FYI==>The mission statement of Musicals Tonight states that it is a not-for-profit theatre company primarily dedicated to the revival of "neglected" musicals in a manner affordable to most audience members. Since their inception in 1997 they have revived over 70 musicals in staged concert form.

I have seen many of their productions and usually have enjoyed them a lot.

Billi Pod says==>definitely worth seeing.

It is playing at the Theater Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, has a running time of 2:30, with intermission, and runs through March 15th.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... you are now up-to-date.

At the moment I haven’t booked anything for this evening. I am waiting to see what, if anything, shows up on my ticket services and how the weather develops.

Baseball is back. Thank God!! 

The Yankees will play The Phillies at 1:00pm this afternoon in Tampa, carried locally on YES. A-Rod will be the DH in his return debut. Oh the drama.

In closing==>I want to share with you loyal and faithful readers and followers a recent picture of my two darling great-granddaughters, Saylor (left) and Finley (right) Falletta.
Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.01  miles (or, 6,579 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>250.78 miles (average 4.05 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: