Friday, March 20, 2015

Billi Pod Will Leave The Big Apple - Lori & Scott @ FacebookNY - John & Jen.



Friday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, take a deep breath and read on as your favorite Big Apple blogger shares some very important personal information.

For those of you new to this blog ... please take a minute and read the posting on March 3rd titled “Some Deeply Personal Thoughts.” The link is:


OK ... here it comes ... ready or not ...

On Monday, March 16th, while in Orlando with my son Bill III, I made the following decisions:

1. It is indeed time for me to leave NYC; and,

2. I will relocate in Winter Park.

My 7 nights in Winter Park and then the 4 nights in Orlando made me very comfortable with this decision.

I want to initially live in one of two apartment complex’s in Winter Park Village, either:

The Loft’s of Winter Park Village


or,

Paseo at Winter Park Village (which is still under construction but is supposed to be completely finished in April)


Now, take a minute and check out the above websites.

I have, of course, discussed this in depth with Bill and he concurs. He has also visited the two facilities with me and likes both of them.

So ... the anticipated schedule will be:

I will move out of PHC during the last week in May, depending on my mover’s availability (not looking forward to finding one). I will spend the final night in NYC in a hotel and then fly down to Orlando.

At the moment the further plans are to stay temporarily with Bill and store my furniture, etc. in his garage area until the final details for either The Lofts or Paseo are worked out. There is a distinct possibility that something will be available in one, if not both, of the properties in May so I could also just move directly in. Hopefully, that will happen.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, there you have it. 

Please understand==>I am not abandoning NYC because I will return periodically, trust me ... this will happen.

I want to thank my family and friends for your thoughts and comments given to me in advance of the final decision. They were all extremely helpful.

Bottom line==>I am leaving NYC on my terms and not in a wheelchair, on a walker, or in a coffin.

I think it is very ironic that on the day I am posting about this decision it is the first day of Spring and @ 12:30pm it is fucking snowing here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World. Yep ... snowing on the first day of Spring. I rest my case!

OK ... do some deep breathing, calm down, relax and ... 

Let’s move on to ...

I am happy to report that yesterday’s entertainment event at FacebookNY ...

FBNY Speaker Series welcomes Lori Levine, founder of Flying Television, a Celebrity global activation firm offering a wide spectrum of services including Public Relations, Talent Relations, Advertising, Branding, Experiential Marketing, Digital Activation will participate in a fireside chat with Facebook’s Scott Reed, former Flying Television Director of Operations.” 

was a totally enjoyable, informative and educational evening. Lori was very open about her personal history and her management philosophy.

I was particularly impressed with the obvious respect Scott and Lori have for each other and their commitment to “doing the job right.”

It was about 8:00pm when the program was over. I came back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC and settled in to watch the Yankees Spring Training game. The Yankees lost.

Now ... moving on to today ...

My entertainment event for tonight is an Off Broadway musical in my immediate Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood ...

8:00==>JOHN & JEN - “This chamber musical looks at the complexities of relationships between brothers and sisters and parents and children. Set against the background of a changing America between 1950 and 1990, it tells the story of Jen and her relationships with the two Johns in her life: her younger brother, and his namesake, her son.” (Off Broadway - discounted TDF ticket)

This two-person show had its first preview back on February 10th. It stars Kate Baldwin and Conor Ryan and has received very favorable reviews.

The show is playing at The Theatre Row Complex on my West 42nd Street block, meaning I will have minimal exposure to the elements. It has a running time of 2:00, including intermission, and runs through April 4th.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... you are now up-to-date.

Take some more deep breaths and then ... 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.20 miles (or, 9,190 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>322.52 miles (average 4.14 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: