Friday, March 27, 2015

TGIF!! - Yucky Weather - American Symphony Orchestra - Will Ferrell & Kevin Hart Movie


Friday==>A major TGIF shout-out to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

I sincerely hope your weekend weather is better than what is forecast for The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.

Yeah ... today is gonna be rainy and yucky and then on Saturday it is supposed to be cloudy, with snow (yep ... snow) flurries/showers and a high of only 39º, low of 24º. Sunday is a bit better, with a projected high of 48º.

Oh well ... let’s move on to ...

Billi Pod report on last night’s classical music concert ...

AMERICAN SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA @ Carnegie Hall - “Opus Posthumous.” The program was:

Schubert - Overture from Claudine von Villa Bella;
Bruckner - Symphony No. 00 in F Minor; and,
Dvorak - Symphony No. 1

As I posted yesterday, this was a presentation of works that were never heard during the composers’ lifetimes.

The program was extremely well performed by the orchestra and each piece was interesting and involving. Of the three I liked the Dvorak symphony the best.

My comp. seat was super-excellent, in a box in the second tier. Perfecto!

Yep, it was a very nice evening's entertainment.

Moving on ...

Your favorite blogger’s entertainment event for this TGIF is gonna be the just released (today) Will Ferrell/Kevin Hart movie ...

5:50pm==>GET HARD - “The prison-bound manager (Will Ferrell) of a hedge fund asks a black businessman (Kevin Hart) - who has never been in jail - to prepare him for life behind bars.” (movie - discounted senior citizen ticket)

It has also been described as: “It’s a please-don’t-let-me-get-raped-in-prison comedy.”

In today’s papers the local critics have savaged, and I mean savaged, the movie but Billi Pod doesn’t care because he would buy a ticket just to see Will Ferrell recite the alphabet.

I have a gut feeling that it will be a box office hit, the critics' negativity not withstanding ... so ... I got my ticket for the 5:50pm show in advance, just to be safe.

When the show is over I will come back to the apartment and settle in for the remainder of the evening, watching Spring Training baseball on MLB.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I need to post this and then do a walk and wander session in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood ... so ...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>4.00 miles (or, 8,747 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>345.42 miles (average 4.06 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: