Thursday, March 5, 2015

More Snow - Upcoming Plans - A-Rod - Seeya Later


Thursday==>How fitting that I begin the last posting before my departure in the morning for my 11-day trip down to The Sunshine State with a report that at 9:30am here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, it is ... tada ... SNOWING!!

Yep ... and snow is forecast for the rest of the morning and into the afternoon. Thankfully things will have cleared up by the time for my flight tomorrow.

Now ... how’s this for a comparison ... the projected high’s and low’s for today are:

New York - snow - high 34º - low 11º 
Orlando - sunny -  high 87º - low 65º

Wouldn’t you know it ... this “was” my scheduled entertainment event for today ...

1:00pm==>lunch with Dian Crystal aka My Lady and Marty Kosarik aka Whatever at our favorite Ethiopian restaurant, Meske, located on West 47th Street in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood.

We are having this lunch because, according to Marty: “We have some things we’d like you to know/have in your head to think about before you go to FL, that we think could be important to your decision making process.”

I said “was” ... because your favorite blogger just made a unilateral decision and canceled lunch because he simply didn’t want to brave the snow/sleet/rain and the dangerous sidewalks and crosswalks.

So ... let’s move on ...

As I have previously posted, tomorrow morning I head down to Orlando and then to my rented cottage in downtown Winter Park, where my “adventure” will begin.

I will be in the cottage until Saturday morning, March 14th. When I check out I will spend the next several days with my son Bill III in Orlando and then head back to The Big Apple on Tuesday, March 17th.

I am really charged about this “adventure,” which is longest time I will be away from The Big Apple since my 21-day Japan/China tour back in May 2008.

My last extended trip out of The City was my 8-day trip to Paris to be with my college roomie David West back in November 2010.

I don’t anticipate posting on this blog during my “adventure” but will, hopefully, make timely reports and updates on my Facebook Timeline ... 


Tonight I will stay in the warm and cozy confines of my apartment, just like I did last night.

Moving on ... 

Yesterday A-Rod started his first game since 2013 and it, of course, generated a media firestorm when he hit a single in his first at-bat.

Here are the headlines in today’s papers ...  

A-ROD SINGLES* - *Would have been a homer on the juice - First hit in 2 years.
front page of The NY Post

CHEERS FOR THE CHEAT. For openers, fans A-pprove of A-Rod.
back page of The NY Post

MR. MARCH. A-Rod delivers in a hurry, ends 17-month hiatus with single in first at-bat.
back page of The Daily News

And, in The Gray Lady ...

In First Game Back, Some Jitters and a Single.
front page of the sports section of The New York Times

Oh the drama.

So ... my loyal and faithful readers and followers ... let the "adventure" begin ... 

TALK WITH YOU LATER.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.31  miles (or, 7,243 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>254.09 miles (average 4.03 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: