Thursday, November 13, 2014

Great Walk and Wander Day - New York Philharmonic Concert


Thursday==>Yesterday was yet another GREAT day for your favorite blogger here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In the World. I am soooooooooooo fortunate, I really really am.

What do I mean? Well ... 

The weather was acceptable and that permitted me to have a basically awesome walk and wander day with time down at The Highline and then in the Lincoln Center area before my concert, recording 6.12 miles on my Pedometer.

Not bad for a 80 1/2 year old guy, IMHO.

Then I had a great concert at Lincoln Center ... so ... why don’t we get started with ...

Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s classical music concert at Lincoln Center ...

NEW YORK PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA @ Avery Fisher Hall - The program was:

Debussy - Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun;
Glazunov - Violin Concerto (performed by Joshua Bell); and,
Prokofiev - Symphony No. 5

Another wonderful concert. 

While Joshua Bell gave an outstanding performance, as usual, I wasn’t blown away by the piece itself.

The highlight turned out to be the Prokofiev Symphony, which was majestically performed.

I had expected to be seated next to my friends, attorneys Alan and Irene Warshauer. Well, Irene was there but Alan wasn’t. In his place was their long time friend Louise. According to Irene, Alan was "baby-sitting."

They have been friends since way back when their kids were in 3rd grade together. So ... Louise ... it was nice meeting you.

Moving on ...

Actually, there isn’t much to move on to at the moment because my entertainment plans for this evening are in flux. 

Of course I have multiple options. I just haven’t made up my mind yet what it will be ... theater or a movie ... so ... stay tuned.

In closing==>as mentioned above, yesterday was a terrific walk and wander day. 

To my New York City walking friends==>before it gets too cold ... be sure you head down to The Highline to walk the extension that just opened. It now goes from the 30th Street entrance all the way over to 12th Avenue and then North to The Javits Center on West 34th Street. Some awesome skyline views.

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>6.12 miles (or, 13,384 steps)

Total mileage for 2014==>1,289.00 miles (average 4.08 miles per day)

GO GATORS

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: