Sunday, August 30, 2009

Who won out? The answer follows --


Good morning my loyal and faithful readers. Today is a much nicer day weather-wise than yesterday, that is for certain.

And what about yesterday you are doubtlessly asking? Who won the inner battle? Did I brave the nasty weather and dismal forecasts and head out to Yankee stadium for the 1:05 White Sox game or did reason and rationality prevail?

Well, my inner fan prevailed. Yep, right after posting I gathered my rain gear and headed out to the Bronx and the game. I got semi-soaked just walking to the subway. When I got to the Bronx it was even nastier than I expected but it wasn’t raining as hard as I had anticipated.

When I got into the stadium I located my seat, which wasn’t in my usual section, and was relieved to discover that the seat was in an area protected by an overhang. Wow, what luck!!

It lightly rained during the first half of the game but then it cleared up and actually the sun peeked through the clouds by the 8th inning. It was a great game with the Yankees winning 10-0 and our pitching limiting the Sox to only one hit.

So, thank you my inner fan for making me get my butt out to the Bronx.

When I got back to PHC after the game I had time to change clothes, have a snack and then it was time to head out to my final Fringe Festival show, “Sorority Queen in a Mobile Home,” a very well written and performed comedy/drama about, tada, a former sorority queen who is divorced and living in a mobile home. The show started at 7:30

The show was over about 9:15 but that didn’t end Billi Pod’s entertainment for the day. Oh no, I wasn’t through. When I got back to 42nd Street I went to the movie theater and got a ticket for the 10:00 showing of the just-opened movie “Taking Woodstock,” starring the comedian Demetri Martin and directed by Ang Lee.

The movie is excellent. It is based on a true story about a young man who is instrumental (no pun intended) in bringing about the 1969 music festival that rocked the world.

At 12:15am I was back in PHC eating a slice of pizza and thanking my Higher Power for yet another amazing day/night in The Greatest City in the World.

As soon as I post this I will get ready to head back out to the Bronx for the 1:05 Yankee/White Sox game. After this game the Yankees go on the road so my next game isn’t until September 7th when it will be a day-night doubleheader against Tampa Bay.

Oh, over the weekend all three of the local papers have given massive and extremely favorable coverage to The Gators, Tim Tebow and Urban Meyer.

Go Yankee and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: