Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Gloomy and Rainy Day in Gotham City

This is what it looks like out of my window at PHC at 10:50am on Saturday morning. It has been lightly raining since yesterday afternoon, virtually without stop.

It was really unpleasant weather-wise at last night’s game. It lightly rained the entire game. Unfortunately, my season ticket package seat is in row 5 and is not covered by the upper deck overhang. I had accidentally left my rain gear on the table in PHC. Damn!! Dumb!! Luckily I was able to find a protected seat out of the elements. I was there until the end and it was worth it because the Yankees won in the bottom of the 10th when Cano hit a 3-run walk-off homer.

And, of course, I have a ticket for this afternoon’s 1:00pm game and the forecast is for rain, rain and more rain. I feel confident that management will make every effort to get the game in because it will be difficult to schedule a makeup game this far into the season.

You know, part of me is saying ...”Hey BP, don’t be a nutcase - the game is going to be called, so don’t waste your time going out there”... and the other part is saying ...”Hey ass-wipe, you are a Yankee fan, right? Who cares if it rains. Get your lazy-ass out there, N O W!! ...

Who will win this argument? Only time will tell.

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: