Monday, June 29, 2009

Sunday - Yankees Sweep Mets at Citifield

It was a terrific Sunday evening as The Yankees beat The Mets 4-2 to sweep the 3 game series at Citifield and thereby winning the 2009 Subway Series 5 games to 1.

If you watched the game on ESPN you know that The Mets played bad baseball, as they have for the entire Subway Series, ending up with their closer, K-Rod, walking The Yankee’s closer Mariano Rivera to force in a run, giving “The Sandman” the first RBI of his major league career. It was also Mariano’s 500th career save. Yes, for the past 3 nights Citifield has been “The Land of the Lost” for The Mets.

And speaking of “The Land of the Lost” - this afternoon I finally got around to seeing the Will Farrell movie by the same name, and ... what a MAJOR disappointment. Now, going in I knew that the movie had been trashed by the critics but I like Will Farrell and his brand of humor so I was actually looking forward to seeing it. Man, what a waste of time and money. It wasn’t funny at all. If this pile of T-Rex dung is on your “to-see” list, take it off immediately. You are warned, my loyal and faithful readers, you are warned.

Just a quick note about my “audition” on Friday for the upcoming HSBC (a worldwide mega-bank) commercial - I have no clue how I did. The bit before the casting director took about 10 minutes and when it was over all she did was thank me for auditioning. I totally forgot to ask her how many Extras were being cast or when the decisions would be made. On the plus side, I was able to re-connect with my friends Scott Wojcik and Michael Rodriguez who have offices (separate) in the same suite where the audition studio was located. Great to see you guys!!

OK, it is getting late, so I will post this and crash.

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

No comments: