Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday - Billi Pod Has An Audition

On Thursday afternoon I received an email from my friend Scott Wojcik, who is a casting agent, telling about a project a friend of his is working on, casting a commercial for HSBC. This is the information:

“We are seeking Real People (non-actors) for a National Network commercial for HSBC. We prefer that you are NOT a SAG member and have limited to NO television exposure. We are looking for a wide range of people- all ages, ethnicities & genders. Specifically- we would like to find, but not limited to, cowboys, fishermen, elderly, men & woman with dreads. Diversity is a plus!!!!! MUST BE A RESIDENT OF NY STATE! Auditions will be held by appointment on Friday, June 26. This commercial shoots July 16th, with a possible wardrobe fitting beforehand.”

Hummmmmmmm thought I, this sounds interesting, so around 4:00 I sent them an email with my stats and a photo (my blog profile photo actually).

Around 5:30 I got a call asking if I could come to the office of Acting Management, 247 W. 38th Street, 7th floor, at 4:00pm on Friday, today, for an interview/audition. I, of course, said yes.


I have just finished updating my theater bio. As some of you loyal and faithful readers may remember, I was cast as a Background Performer (Extra) in the 2002 movie “Two Weeks Notice,” starring Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant. I was on set at the River Cafe in Brooklyn for 3 nights shooting the gala scene. The back of my head appears in a brief scene involving Bullock, Grant and Donald Trump.

I have not gone to any other casting calls simply because I just didn’t want to get that involved.

I have no clue whether I have a chance to be cast but that doesn’t matter because what I am interested in is being involved in the “process.”

Oh, for your information SAG stands for Screen Actors Guild, a union representing actors.

So, just another page in Billi Pod’s Big Apple Adventures.

Will keep you advised.

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: