Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Partial Day Off - The Bill - The Yankees


Tuesday==>When I woke up this morning my body gave me an unmistakable message that it wanted at least a partial day-off.

I say partial because my body knew that I am committed to Ubering over to The Bill’s house in Orlando late this afternoon to join the moving and packing crew he has assembled ... so ... 

I have skipped the usual morning walk and wander session, to give body his requested partial day off.

Now we can move on with some baseball ... for you Marty ...

Last night in Arlington, Texas, A-Rod hit a solo HR on his 40th birthday to join Gary Sheffield, Ty Cobb and Rusty Staub as the only players to homer as teenagers and at 40 or older.

The Yankees won 6-2, aided by a 2 run HR from Didi Gregorius and 4 shutout innings from our stellar bullpen.

Tonight at 8:05pm the Yankees will play the second game of the 4-game series. 

On the mound for the Yankees (56-42) will be Chris Capuano (0-4) vs. Martin Perez (0-1) for the Rangers (47-51).

We now lead the AL East by 7 games over the second place Blue Jays and 13 games over the woeful Boston FuckSox, who are mired in last place.

There are a lot of rumors swirling around MLB as the July 31st trade deadline approaches.

Will the Bronx Bombers make a major acquisition? My gut tells me that they will not..

You know, I haven’t anything more to report to you loyal and faithful readers and followers other than I am excited about Bill’s new digs. 

It has been a really draconian process in coordinating the sale of his current home and the purchase of his new place ... so ... please keep your fingers crossed for him/us as we begin the closing(s) and then move-out/move-in process.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.39 miles (or, 11,797 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>861.01 miles (average 4.14 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: