Thursday, January 10, 2013

R.U.R.==>A


Let’s start this somewhat shorter posting (hold the f**king applause ... don’t make me come over there and bitch-slap you) with Billi Pod’s report card on yesterday’s matinee show ...

R.U.R. the modernized version of the classic Karel Capek drama that takes place in the future in a factory that makes robots to serve humans==>A

This was totally enjoyable, thought-provoking and well acted by the ensemble cast. I remember reading the play as a teenager and how scary it was then. Well, the modernized version, now set in 2030, is still scary.

The World was introduced to the word "robot" in this play ... how interesting.

It is playing at the Beckett Theatre on Theater Row and runs though February 2nd.

Billi Pod says==>See it.

As you know ... I had a New York Philharmonic concert scheduled for the evening but when I got back to the warm and cozy confines of PHC, mere steps away from Theater Row, I suddenly decided that I didn’t want to go out for the evening. Why? I don’t really know. I called the NY Philharmonic customer service hot line and was able exchange my ticket for another concert later in the month.

This is one of the many benefits of being a subscriber. You can exchange tickets up to 2-hours before the concert is to begin. Now don’t worry my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I wasn’t feeling bad, coming down with the flu or anything like that ... I just wasn’t in the mood for a classical music concert at this particular moment in time.

I spent most of the evening working on the draft of my 2012 entertainment stats posting, which will come to life later on today, hopefully.

Moving on ...

As you will also recall, when I saw CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF last week I was pissed that Scarlett Johannsson was out of the performance and that I couldn’t exchange my ticket or get a refund because I had gotten my discounted ticket through TDF.

Well ... surprise surprise ... got a email yesterday from TDF saying that the producers of CAT would allow ticket holders to get a free ticket to another performance of the show. That’s nice, but no way am I gonna see this disappointing show again ... no way.

Oh ... also ... apparently in response to major negative feedback ... the director has cut the ghost of Skipper from the show. That is good.

Moving on some more ...

Tonight I am meeting up with John Scott Reed and Bernard Lam at their apartment in Chelsea and then we will have dinner in their ‘hood and some much needed face-time.

With my decision not to head uptown for my concert I pretty much shutdown my walking for the day ... so ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>1.37 miles (or, 3,009 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,008.84 miles

Mileage remaining until 4/23/13==>70.16 miles

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: