Friday, November 20, 2015

Update - John & Kathi

Friday==>A much belated “good afternoon” to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers out there in the morass known as cyberspace.

I, hopefully, have found a window where I will feel well enough physically and emotionally to give you a brief update since the last posting back on Monday 11/16.

A lot has been going on ... so ... we will skip the reason(s) for no postings and just go right to the update ...

Photos/images will be basically omitted because the blog website is having problems with uploading ... anyway ...

First, my daughter Kathi Bendeck and her husband, Dr. John, of Columbia, SC, were in the Orlando area from Tuesday afternoon till Friday morning. We were able to spend time together and with my son Bill III aka The Bill, including an AWESOME dinner Tuesday night at The Cheesecake Factory in Winter Park Village, just across the street from my apartment building.

On Wednesday they went down to Polk County aka PFC aka Polk Fucking County to visit family and go to the cemetery in Lakeland to visit Chris’s grave site.

They headed back this morning.

On the health scene ...

As you know, on Friday the 13th I had an outpatient procedure where all sorts of things and stuff were inserted into each kidney. Luckily no drainage bags were necessary. It was still very uncomfortable and emotionally draining.

On Wednesday morning I went up to Florida Hospital in Altamonte Springs and had a X-ray of the area. This was done in preparation for a face-to-face appointment on Thursday @ 11:10am with my urologist, Thomas Cangiano, at his office way up in the Lake Mary area.

On Thursday morning I Ubered up to Lake Mary where I met up with John and Kathi. We had a brief wait and then were taken back. Dr. C removed the tubes and stuff and was pleased with the results. I do, however, still have some bandages on my back but they should come off over the weekend without any problem.
 

Dr. C is satisfied about the kidney blockage issue but still uncertain just how we will address the urinary blockage issue, which is, as you know, a result of my cancer-ridden prostate. At the moment I will continue to self-catheterize.

Dr. C wants to schedule another X-ray of the area, this time with dye. That will be done sometime next week.

John and Kathi drove me back to the apartment and that was great.

I have to admit to being totally emotionally drained when I got back. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening alternating between watching sports on my 42” flat screen TV and dozing off on the couch.

Thank God I had planned ahead and stocked the ‘fridge with pizza.

To add to all of the emotional baggage ... I also picked up my new glasses and they are taking some time getting used to.


Basically, I have almost no energy because of a total lack of appetite. I am forcing myself to eat. Thank God for Boost.

I have to admit that emotionally I am fighting an ever growing war with negativity. Yes, I remain positive ... but ... man ... it is getting tougher and tougher each day.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I feel the window closing so ...

Will close with==>John & Kathi .... it was great seeing you and thanks so much for taking the time to come down here to be with me ... and ... Bill ... you continue to be my strength, you are a rock!!

KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO GATORS!!

Yesterday’s mileage==>1.69 miles (or, 3,631 steps)


Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: