Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Hello Again from Winter Park Village - Update.

Tuesday==>I have tried to sit down in front of my ‘puter to write a timely update but I have to admit that I just haven’t been in the proper frame-of-mind to do it ...

Yeah, in truth, the emotional impact of the past 6-8 weeks has taken its toll on your favorite blogger, it really has. This has been the longest time in my 81+ life that I have felt/been down heath wise and it has had an impact on my inner psyche, without a doubt.

Now, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, I am not reaching out for symphony or anything like that, so no need for supportive texts, posts, emails etc.  I just want to share with you what is going on inside my head at the moment ... so ...

Let’s move on, if we can ... with ...


On the positive side ... on Sunday I made a major step forward technology-wise by purchasing a new iPhone (the one on the right). Yep, in the early afternoon I went over to the AT&T store in Winter Park Village and got a 6s plus, with 128 of whatever, iPhone, the very very top of the line. Silver. I also purchased a screen shield and a protective case.

The staff helped me transfer everything from my ancient iPhone 4 and that has awesome.

Of course, the new iPhone is substantially larger than the old one and that is taking some getting use to but I am sure it will be OK, soon. What an AWESOME device. I have spent lots and lots of time just learning about it and all the new bells and whistles.

The two other major events since the last posting were: the Gators sloppy win over Vandy to move on to the SEC Championship game in Atlanta and dinner on Sunday night with Bill at our favorite Winter Park restaurant, Outback Steakhouse, on Aloma Avenue.

Now ... moving on ... to the health update ...

Yesterday I had a scheduled early morning appointment, 9:00am, with my urologist, Dr. Thomas Cangiano, at his office up in Altamonte Springs.

The day didn’t get off to a good start because, for the first time ever, I had a problem getting a Uber driver, due to high demand. There was also surge pricing due to the demand, so when I finally got one I paid 1.7 times the normal fare.

I still made it to the office on time, but then I had an hour long wait until I was finally able to see Dr. C.

Well, it wasn’t nearly as positive as I had hoped. After reviewing the results of the renal scan I had on November 5th, he is extremely concerned about the blockage problems involving my kidneys, which he had tried, unsuccessfully, to address back on October 26th. He had been unable to insert a stent as planned, “from below.”

Bottom line ... I will continue to do the “self-catheterizaton” 3 or 4 times a day and we will have another attempt to insert a stent(s), this time from my back.

This procedure will be performed at the Winter Park Memorial Hospital as an outpatient procedure by the Interventional Radiology Department, whatever in the fuck that is.

I expected to hear from the hospital today for a date, because this needs to be done ASAP, but I have just learned that they had communication problems with my cardiologist regarding my blood-thinner issues. I understand that will be corrected tomorrow and that the procedure will be scheduled for sometime next week. I will advise you when I know.


Of course, as you loyal and faithful readers and followers know, all of these issues are a result of my overly enlarged cancer ridden prostate.

So ... this pretty much brings you up-to-date and is all I am in the mood to write about now ... so ... let’s continue to ...


 KICK CANCER’S ASS!!
 
GO GATORS!!

Yesterday’s mileage==>1.97 miles (or, 4,316 steps)


Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: