Wednesday, November 25, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING - What A Difference A Year Makes

Wednesday==>HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of my loyal and faithful readers and followers, friends and family members.

What a difference a year makes. This time last year I was still living in Penthouse C at 420 W. 42nd Street, in Midtown Manhattan. The weather was 37º, with wind chill down to 32º.

I was in the process of preparing for Thanksgiving Dinner the next day, for the 6th consecutive year with my AA buddies (you know who you are) at a posh apartment in the Upper West Side.

On Thanksgiving Day it would be my responsibility to lug a carton of Fresca on the 1 train.

As you may remember we had developed a really unique tradition. By agreement, when you arrive at the posh Upper Westside apartment you must, repeat MUST turn off your cell phone - not turn it to vibrate, but TURN IT OFF.

It is then placed in a drawer that is then locked and remains locked until we all get ready to leave the apartment. There is no running out to check for messages etc. Nothing. Total 100% disconnect for 5 hours. Not bad!!


Really going to miss you guys tomorrow up there in The Big Apple.

Further, looking at my notes from a year ago ... the day before Thanksgiving I was in great health and I walked 5.05 miles, for a total of 1,332.89 miles for the year (average 4.03 miles per day).

Fast forward to today ... it is 74º and cloudy.

My son Bill III aka The Bill and I will have Thanksgiving Dinner late at Bill’s new house located in Casselberry. He has insisted on doing all of the preparation and will pick me up around 5:00pm tomorrow.

Really looking forward to this first.

Now ... things haven’t turned out quite as I had expected as you know, all involving some major health issues.

Never-the-less, I know that I made the right decision to leave The Big Apple when I did and to move to Winter Park ... so ...

I won’t bore you with more heath details than I have given in past posting other than to say that the daily side-effects of the “chemical-castration” involving the daily pill, Bicalutamide, and the monthly shot, Leuprolide, next dose due on Monday, December 30th, and the self-insertion of a 16” plastic tube into my penis and then into my bladder 4 times a day, are really dragging me down, mentally, physically and emotionally.

Yeah, I know I could just attempt to  deal with everything without writing about it ... but ... the purpose of this blog is to record how Billi Pod is attempting to KICK CANCER’S ASS.

This morning, when I walked over to Publix for the papers I was physically tired when I got back to the apartment. It was only .38 miles. I had planned to walk to the post office for the first time in weeks, but I knew I couldn’t make the 1.3 mile round trip. I needed to mail the first of the month payments and stuff.

So ... I Ubered at a cost of $5.21, round trip.

Folks, those of you who have known Billi Pod for all of these years know what a major downer this was/is. I simply couldn’t walk 1.3 miles. What a fucking bummer.

OMFG!! And, now ... as I am writing this posting ... I am breaking out in a sweat, which means, in moments I will have chills ... so ...

On this happy note I better try to post this while I still can (I know that this posting will have a lot of typos and stuff ... sorry).



HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

KICKING CANCER’S ASS

GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

1 comment: