Friday, April 2, 2010

Billi Pod’s March 2010 Entertainment Stats

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers. Yes, I know it has been a while since I have posted on this blog. I have a list of excuses but they really don’t matter, do they? Bottom-line -- Billi Pod is still doing well in The Greatest City in the World. I feel fine and am slowly winning the health issues and totally returning to Billi Pod’s usual frenetic Big Apple lifestyle. Plan to post a detailed health update a bit later.


What I want to share with you today are my stats for the month of March 2010. In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during the month I attended/saw/did the following:


5 Broadway shows (Present Laughter; A Behanding in Spokane; Lend Me A Tenor; A Little Night Music; and Red); 15 Off Broadway shows; 1 rock music concert (A Tribute to The Who); 4 classical music concerts; and, 2 movies (City Island and She’s Out Of My League).


I celebrated my 20th AA birthday and 20 years of sobriety on March 18th.


I was out of the City for 3 nights to be in Bartow, FL, for the 58th Class Reunion of the Summerlin Institute Class of 1952. Was able to spend face-time with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed (who was named General Manager of the Lower East Side hotspot Los Feliz), his father Stan the Man, and Justin Allen Pifer and Benjamin Sears.


On the health issue(s): had 7 physical therapy sessions, 4 doctor appointments, and had to cancel the cataract surgery that was scheduled for March 30, dammit to Hell. Oh well ...


The weather for a good part of the month basically sucked and there was a lot, and I mean a lot, of rainy, ugly, nasty, cold days/nights. Despite the weather, there were only 3 days/nights where Billi Pod stayed in apartment PHC without attending some entertainment event. I think that is pretty awesome in and of itself, don’t you?


Oh, I posted almost daily on my Facebook Wall www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000655659050


Anyway, I now want to share with you the bare bone stats for the first 3 months of 2010. Please take into account all of my health issues and the terrible weather in reviewing the following activities report:


13 Broadway shows; 42 Off Broadway shows; 1 rock music concert; 7 classical music concerts; 6 movies; and 20 years of sobriety. Health issues: Cataract surgery; torn right bicep tendon; Hepatitis B; 15 physical therapy sessions; and, 15 Doctor appointments. Out of town 3 nights and stay in 17 days/nights without some entertainment event.


And, to top all of this off - became a member of the Facebook community and got a new iPhone 3GS.


So there you have it those of you loyal and faithful readers who stayed with me until the end. I don’t want to brag, but all things considered - not bad for a soon-to-be 76 year old guy, is it? But, it is up to you to decide because ...


I only report - you decide


Oh, Thank God the baseball season is about to begin. Sunday the Yankees are opening the season in Boston against The Fucksox.


Go Yankees!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: