Thursday, April 22, 2010

Billi Pod is 76 on Friday!!

Good morning my loyal and faithful readers. Well, on Friday Billi Pod turns 76. Wow! 76, that is a BIG NUMBER. What are my plans for tomorrow you are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, these are my plans, assuming the weather is OK ....


Mid-morning I will leisurely walk up 9th Avenue 76 blocks (3.8 miles) to 118th Street. while listening to “1776 the Musical,” “76 Trombones,” and “I Did It My Way,” on my beloved first generation iPod. Will take a break at 76th Street and have my picture taken, if possible, at 76 W. 76th Street (have no clue what is at that address).


When I reach 118th Street I will take the subway back to PHC and chill. Have a fairly well reviewed Broadway show, SONDHEIM ON SONDHEIM, at 8:00. Will walk to and from the theater located on 54th Street. When these 24 blocks are factored in the total for the day will be 100 blocks or 5.0 miles.


WHY? Why am I doing this you are asking? Well, it is very simple. There are two reasons: (1) Because I want to; and, (2) Because I can. If the weather is bad or I change my mind at any time - no big deal.


After the show I will settle in to watch the rest of the Yankees @ LA Angels game. Will grill a steak on my George Forman grill and bake a potato. Desert will be Edys Frozen Yogurt.


So there you are. We will see how everything plays out.


Go Yankees!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”



No comments: