Sunday, April 25, 2010

Billi Pod’s Sunday Update

Sunday - It is a gray and nasty day in the Greatest City in The World and this is supposed to be the beginning of 3 days of on and off rain. Hope the forecasters are wrong.


My plans for today are simple - will stay in during the afternoon and watch the rubber game of the Yankees @ LA Angels series. The Yankees won last night 7-1 behind an awesome performance by veteran left-hander Andy Pettitte. This evening will probably walk the block and a half to one of the two movie theaters and catch a movie.


My selection will probably be the recently opened and mixed-reviewed KICK-ASS, about a nerd who wants to become a super-hero. Sorry, this is just my kind of humor/movie. Speaking of movies, I finally got around to seeing DATE NIGHT with Tina Fey and Steve Carell and I highly recommend it, and no, guys, it is not a “chic-flick” it is a comedic action movie, although it will make a good date movie.


One last birthday item. As most of you loyal and faithful readers know, my most trusted sources for news and information are: (1) The Daily Show with Jon Stewart; (2) Fox News (especially Bill O’Reilly and Glenn Beck); and, (3) The Onion-America’s Finest News Source. With this in mind, I think I should share with you my birthday horoscope, courtesy of The Onion -“Taurus - When life gives you lemons, why not blame them on your troubled upbringing and consequent inability to show affection? It sure beats making lemonade.” Oh Yeah!! Makes sense, doesn’t it?


On another note, let me give you a brief health update. First, the one-time problem in my right forearm is no more. The physical therapy did its job and now I do a series of exercises at home twice a week and things seem fine. Whew!!


Things aren’t quite as good with my liver problems which are keeping me from getting clearance for the cataract surgery on my right eye. As you remember, surgery on the left eye was done on January 19th. The second surgery had to be canceled several times due to the liver problems. The subsequent conflict between the eyes is, frankly, driving me fucking nuts. 10 days ago I had blood work done and was expecting everything to be a go ... well, got the results last Friday and ... while the Hepatitis B is “gone” Dr. Ferran is still concerned that the liver function results are not where she wants them to be. Will have blood work done again on May 5th and, please Dear God, hopefully the results will be good enough for her to give me a thumbs up. I know my eye doctor will schedule the surgery for me as soon as he can after everyone else says its OK.


I feel fine, of course, and am handling it One Day At A Time.


In closing let me comment on the outstanding season start for the Yankees. I have seen 3 home game, all of which they won. They are playing very well and the pitching has been excellent. In my opinion their main opponent in the AL East will be, not the Boston FuckSox, but the Tampa Bay Rays. The Rays have a very good team and could go all the way to The World Series, no joke.


Oh, and congratulations to Timmy Tebow for being drafted by the Denver Broncos in the first round of the NFL Draft. Billi Pod’s prediction - give him 2 years and he will make all of the doubters and nay-sayers look like fools. Just remember where you read it first.


Go Yankees!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: