Saturday, September 5, 2009

“Holy Cow,” says The Scooter, “It’s Almost Post Season.”

“Holy Cow,” to borrow a phrase from Yankee legend Phil Rizzuto, I got online information this morning about the Yankee post-season ticket availability for season ticket holders and ... Holy Cow!!

What do I mean, you loyal and faithful readers are no doubt breathlessly asking? Well, it went down like this --

As I said, this morning I received online information about tickets for the post-season games. Now, let’s not get tied up over whether the Yankees will make the post-season or make it all the way to The World Series. This is the part of the season where all teams who are even remotely in the post-season race give their season ticket holders the first opportunity to purchase tickets for the post-season.

One of the advantages of my 41-game partial season ticket package is the right to license the same seat location for each of the home post-season games. Incidentally, my seat location: Main Level, Section 212 Row 5, Seat 17, is in the best section available for non-full season ticket packages. The face value for regular season tickets is $90 but for my package the price is reduced to $70.

One of the main topics of conversation with my seat mates has been how badly we were going to be f**ked-over by ticket prices for the post-season. Recently there had been some news items to the effect that the proposed pricing schedule was going to be substantially less than everyone was predicting. To this we all said ... yeah, right.

Well, to make a long story short, this is what the ticket prices are for my seat location for each of the post-season series:

AL Division Series - $66.00 (3 home games)

AL Championship Series - $116.00 (4 home games)

World Series - $156.00 (4 home games)

OMG!! I could hardly believe it. Holy Cow!! This is awesome, meaning that - assuming the Yankees have home field advantage for the ALDS and the ALCS (the American League has home field advantage for the World Series) - the cost for the 11 games will be $0,000.00, well, you do the math. About 1/2 of what I had mentally predicted. Holy Cow!!

I immediately paid my invoice online so I am all set. If the Yankees don’t make it all the way then I will have the unused ticket cost(s) credited to my 2010 season ticket package.

Oh, it has also been reported that if all of the season ticket holders exercise their options and with the 12,000 seats per game required to be made available for MLB, the players and the press, only about 1,000 tickets per game will be available to the general public. That also gets a Holy Cow!!

The Yankees are playing very good ball, having won 2 out of 3 against the Blue Jays, with one more game up there tomorrow afternoon. Then they return to Yankee Stadium for a 10 game home stand and I am happy to report that I have tickets for 9 of the games - the only one I will miss is the final Toronto game on Wednesday, September 16th.

This means, my loyal and faithful readers, that I will be present in Yankee Stadium when Derek Jeter ties, and then breaks, Lou Gehrig’s record for most hits by a Yankee. The record is 2,721 and Jeter now has 2,715. That will be a Holy Cow too.

Lots of other things and stuff to share with you but will post this now and then hopefully do an update later tonight after my show.

Go Yankees and Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: