Monday, September 21, 2009

Billi Pod's Awesome Schedule.

It is another beautiful fall day in The Greatest City in The World. The current temperature is 73 degrees and the sky is cloudless. I know I should be out and about, just wandering, but I have a lot of catching-up to do regarding my past, current and future entertainment activities, so -- let’s begin with --

Baseball - Tonight the Yankees begin a crucial 3 game series against the LA Angels that will determine, in my opinion, whether the Yankees make the post season as Division Champions or only via the Wild Card and whether they will have home field advantage. The Bronx Bombers haven’t played well out in Anaheim for the past several years. And, The Boston FuckSox won’t go away and they come to town on Friday for a 3 game series (I only have a ticket to one of those games, dammit). I do have tickets to all 3 of the final home games against the K.C. Royals. I feel very antsy about everything because to quote Yogi: “It ain’t over till its over.”


Tomorrow, Tuesday, I will have a new baseball adventure - a tour of the new Yankee Stadium, something I have wanted to do since the beginning of the season but just kept putting off.


The tours cost $20, last between 45 minutes and an hour and include visits to: The Yankee Museum; Monument Park (where the 20 memorial plaques and 16 retired numbers are located); the dugout; the batting cage; and, the clubhouse. The group size is limited to 30. I am really looking forward to it.

















Football - Like everyone else in The Gator Nation I have such mixed emotions about the 23-13 win over The Vols. I know, I know - a win is what counts but I, and I am sure most of The Nation, wanted our Gators to kick ass big time, and they didn’t. Neither the offense nor defense played up to their expected standards. Are we Gators spoiled, you loyal and faithful readers no doubt want to know? Well, yes we are. We expect/require/demand that Urban and Tim grind the other team’s collective noses into the dirt, then stomp on their backs and then piss on them for good measure. They didn’t do that on Saturday. We Gators Demand Blood!!!


Wow!! I feel somewhat better, so let’s move on to other things, like what I have scheduled for the next 10 days ---


Monday - September 21 - 7:00 - “Vigil” - Off Broadway. “Childhood was anything but normal for Kemp, as he successfully avoided all family contact for 30 years. That is, until the day he was guilted into taking care of his dying aunt. Now Kemp impatiently waits for the death of his bedridden aunt, attempting to fill in the time with recollections of his peculiar childhood along with playful musings on mortality.” (discounted TDF ticket). This is another one of those “dark-comedies” that I am so leery of. We will see.


10:10 - watch Yankees vs. LA Angels


Tuesday - 12:40 - Tour of Yankee Stadium.


7:30 - New York Philharmonic Orchestra @ Lincoln Center. The program is: Mahler’s Symphony No. 3, featuring mezzo-soprano Petra Lang, the American Boys Choir and women from the Westminster Symphonic Choir. (season subscription)


10:10 - watch Yankees vs. LA Angels


Wednesday - 3:30 - watch Yankees vs. LA Angels


8:00 - “Mahida’s Extra Key to Heaven” - Off Broadway. “This show is a humorous and haunting story about crossing borders of all kinds. Thomas is visiting his mother's island home when he encounters Mahida, an Iranian college student stranded after an argument with her brother. The two strangers begin a beautifully awkward search for a common country, but discover that sometimes the smaller the world the bigger the invasions.” (discounted TDF ticket). The performance is at a theater down the block from 420 W. 42nd.


Thursday - 8:00 - “The Royal Family” - Broadway. This is the press blurb for this show in early previews: “It's half past one in the afternoon at the fabulously cluttered Cavendish duplex in the East Fifties, and anyone who's anyone is still asleep. Follow a famous family of stage stars as they go about the drama of the day: choosing scripts, dashing off to performances, stealing kisses from handsome beaus. But what's this business about the youngest diva wanting to quit the stage for domestic bliss? Never, darling!” (discounted TDF ticket). The advance buzz for this show is very good.


Friday - 7:05 - stay in to watch the Yankees vs. Boston FuckSox game.


Saturday - 1:05 - Yankees vs. Boston FuckSox (season ticket package).


6:00 - stay in to watch The Gator play Kentucky (ESPN2).


Sunday - 1:05 - stay in to watch the Yankees vs. Boston Fucksox game.


7:00 - “Circle Mirror Transformation” - Off Broadway. “The playwright Annie Baker takes us back to Shirley, VT, site of last season's hit Body Awareness for an inside look at the sweet, touching, and endearingly awkward mechanics of a community center drama class turned upside down.“ (discounted TDF ticket). This performance in right next door to 420 W. 42nd.


Monday - September 28 - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Kansas City (season ticket package).


Tuesday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Kansas City (full price extra ticket).


Wednesday - 7:05 - Yankees vs. Kansas City (season ticket package). This is the final regular season home game and will be the 47th game for Billi Pod.


So, my loyal and faithful readers, this is what Billi Pod has scheduled. I know that I will be staying in PHC in front of the TV but what can I say other than - I gotta watch my Yankees and my Gators.


Go Gators and Go Yankees!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”


PS: When I get back from the theater tonight I will post some comments and thoughts about some of the shows I have recently seen.

No comments: