Sunday, January 4, 2009

Saturday - OMG!! - Am I becoming a COUCH POTATO???

OK, OK, in the name of fair and unbiased reporting to you, my loyal and faithful readers, I must confess to personal shortcomings that have overtaken me since I returned to the apartment around 10:00pm on New Year’s Eve, following my New York Philharmonic Concert at Lincoln Center.

I must confess to being - gasp - make that double gasps - unable to focus on anything other than the college and professional football games that have been flooding my TV screen from 11:00am in the mornings until after midnight in the evenings and it doesn’t much matter who is playing who ... top-10 team vs. top-ten team or Poedunk State vs. Slimy U or Rose Bowl or Spit Bowl - if it is on, then I have to watch it.

What this means is that since 10:00pm on Wednesday night I have been out of the apartment only 3 times for trips to the grocery store and a pizza place and once, Friday night, to attend a theater event, a Broadway show in early previews called “American Plan,” which sucked. As soon as the show was over I raced back to the apartment to plop down in front of the screen for the rest of the Sugar Bowl.

Today, Saturday, was the two NFL Wild-card games and I have nothing scheduled for Sunday except the two NFL playoff games.

Oh, I had planned to see a couple of movies this weekend, “Doubt,” with Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman, and Clint Eastwood’s just released action/drama “Gran Torino,” but thus far the TV screen and cold weather (low 30s) have kept me inside and on the couch.

And, oh God, the upcoming week is also scary because the only thing I have scheduled so far is a New York Philharmonic concert on Tuesday. There is the OSU vs. Texas game on Monday, and, of course, everything is building up to the BCS Championship game on Thursday. I am nervous, I am antsy, but I am also confident that the Florida Gators will kick Sooner butt!!

On a positive note, I have finished the stats for December 2008 and also for the year 2008 and they are both truly awesome. Hopefully sometime within the next several days I can post them for your review and analysis.

So, as I said earlier, I write this confession so you, my loyal and faithful readers, can decided whether Billi Pod is in immediate danger of becoming a Couch Potato? The issue is: have I started down that slippery slope leading to the nether-world of Couch Potatoism?

I report - you decide.

Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: