Sunday, June 2, 2013

Saturday==>TOTALLY AWESOME!!


Sunday==>Yesterday was one of those AWESOME days for Billi Pod, your favorite blogger, here in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, and is yet another example of why he loves living here.

Billi Pod had two excellent Off Broadway shows, some catchup time with one of his FaceBook friends, all wrapped around some pretty impressive walking mileage.

So, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, we will get started with Billi Pod’s report cards on the two Off Broadway shows ... beginning with ...

CHARLES IVES TAKE ME HOME, how composer Charles Ives attempts to resolve a dispute between a music-loving man and his basketball-loving daughter==>B+

I found the show to be interesting, informative and extremely well-acted by the 3-person cast. Yes, there is a lot of anger and frustration and too much yelling and screaming but the overall product is worth seeing.

It is playing downtown in The West Village at The Rattlestick Theatre and runs through June 29th. The running time is 75 minutes, without intermission.

I left PHC about 90 minutes before show time, subwayed down to The Village, and then spent the time in a very pleasant walk and wander session. Nice breeze and lots of shade.

Oh ... on the way to the subway I ran into Kim, who claims not to be stalking me. I really think he got out of one of those scary black SUVs, just as I was passing by ... anyway ... 

When the show was over I walked back to the apartment on 42nd Street, a distance of 2.5 miles. It really felt great but I was wet and sweaty when I got back, so I showered and then had the usual pre-theater fruit and cheese plate.

My evening’s entertainment event was another Off Broadway show ...

POTTED POTTER, two performers condense all seven Harry Potter books into 70 madcap minutes==>A

The two performers are excellent and their comedic timing is perfect. In the name of fair and unbiased reporting I must state that if you haven’t at least seen the movies, then you will have no clue what is happening on stage or why the audience is roaring with laughter. Be warned.

As I posted yesterday, this show had a very successful run last year in the same venue, The Little Shubert Theatre, and then a successful national tour. It will run through September 1st.

I saw it last year on May 23rd and gave it a B+. This time I gave it an A because it seemed to be somewhat better paced and funnier.

Yes, I have no problem in recommending it for theatergoers of all ages.

Before the show I met up with my FB friend, Daniel Nickle, and we did some much needed catching up. 

It was about 9:30pm when I left the theater, with a big smile on my face. I walked for about 30 minutes in my Hell’s Kitchen ‘hood to get my total mileage for the day over the 8-mile mark.

Yes, that’s right my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite 79-year-old blogger clocked in 8+ miles yesterday ... how ‘bout dat?

Anyway ... moving on ...

Today’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show playing at the Abingdon Theatre Complex on West 36th Street ...

3:00==>MOONLIGHT AND LOVE SONGS - “Forty-five and alone, architect Harry Wallace’s romantic dreams come true when he falls in love with Jim, a young college student. Their romance seems motion picture-perfect until a staggering revelation causes it to implode.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

When the show is over I will walk down to the Chelsea area for at least 90 minutes of walk and wander time.

What are my plans for this evening I know you are all breathlessly asking your inner selves?

Well ... selves ... at the moment your favorite blogger plans to stay in to watch the final game of the YANKEES/BOSTON FUCKSOX series to be carried on ESPN at 8:00pm.

The above “announcement” allows me to briefly comment on the ass-kicking we got last night out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built.

Yes, The FuckSox won 11-1 before an announced crowd of 48,784. Thank God I had made alternate plans for the theater rather than follow my initial plan, which was to stay in and watch the game.

Phil Hughes sucked. Youkilis and Teixeira, both returning from the DL, each struck-out 3 times. Not good.

Tonight it will be Hiroki Kuroda (6-3) on the mound for The Yankees vs. Clay Buchhotz (7-0) for the FuckSox.

So ... on this happy note will post this and get ready for my afternoon of theater and walking.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>8.30 miles (or, 18,147 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/12==>1,575.77 miles

GO YANKEES!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”






No comments: