Thursday, May 1, 2008

Billi Pod’s Activities for April

April was a rather strange month for me activity-wise because in checking my daily log (log, not diary, real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that I actually stayed in the apartment 7 nights without attending some sort of entertainment event during the day or evening. Hum ... 2 nights were because I didn’t feel well (sniffles, cough, slight fever) and the majority of the rest was because the baseball season has now started and I wanted to get back into my Yankee baseball rhythm, so ... this is what Billi Pod did during the month of April --

During the month I attended: 3 Broadway shows (Boeing, Boeing; Thurgood; and, A Catered Affair); 10 Off-Broadway shows; 3 comedy shows (Seth Rudentsky, Jon Stewart et. al; and, The Kids in the Hall); 5 classical music concerts; and, 3 Yankee baseball games.

I celebrated my 74th birthday on April 23rd (barf and double barf); was taken to a birthday luncheon on Staten Island by Scott Reed and Ben Sears; with my dear friend and fraternity brother Stumpy Harris of Orlando I saw the Florida Gators play in the semifinals of the NIT; acted as a tour guide for my granddaughter Gina Falletta and her friend Kelly Smith; and, on April 6 finally joined the blog generation with Billi Pod Blogs. I actually posted 28 times during the month.

So, in review, maybe it wasn’t a bad month after all. What do you think?

I didn’t go out to Yankee stadium last night for the second game against Detroit - I just didn’t feel like it. Actually, not a bad thing because once again the Yankees sucked. Even worse news - Jorge Posada, Alex Rodriguez and Phil Hughes are all on the Disabled List. Not good. I know it is early in the season but I just don’t see any fire in the team and they appear to me to be lethargic and lackadaisical, almost as if they were sending a message to Ownership that Joe Torre should never have been let-go, fired, whatever. Maybe that is overly dramatic but it is how I honestly feel at this point.

I am not in a panic mode, YET, but something is definitely wrong with this team.

Oh, I did a lot of routine stuff in my preparation process for the Japan/China trip. I think my main concern now is over what to pack, especially since the tour group is limited to one checked bag weighing not more than 50 pounds, thanks to the airlines.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: