Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday - Billi Pod Scores x 2

In my 2008 Activities Report I posted on January 12, 2009, I made the following statement:

“Seeing a taping of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report also remains on my to-do list.”

Well, my loyal and faithful readers, I am happy to report that I have scored tickets to a taping for each show.

First was The Daily Show. Saturday night I went online to their website and found out that the first available show was Monday, July 13th, so I did all of the stuff the site required and I have a “confirmed” ticket.

I think that “confirmed” means I will be on their list when I show up at the designated time. This is an excerpt from the confirmation email --

“Our suggestion on arrival time is between 3:30pm and 4:00pm. We over book all shows to ensure that all seats in the studio are full. Therefore, entry into the studio is on a first come first serve basis. You reserved your tickets with us but you will not be confirmed until we start giving out our studio tickets. Our doors open at 5:15pm. Show ends around 7:15pm. You may not obtain tickets for auctions, fundraisers, raffles or any kind of benefits through this method.”

Their studio is 733 11th Avenue, between 51st and 52nd Street.

I immediately went to the website for The Colbert Report only to discover that no dates were available for the next 12 months. Damn and double damn. The site did suggest frequent availability re-checks.

Oh well, thought I, at least I have a ticket for Jon Stewart.

This morning, on a whim, I went back to The Colbert Report website and was stunned to see that they had listed an available date, Tuesday, April 14th. Needless-to-say I immediately started the process and I am happy to report that I now have a “confirmed” ticket for that date, with the following conditions --

“Everyone attending must be at least 18 years old. Tickets are non-transferable. The person whose name appears on the ticket must be present. Everyone attending must have a government issued photo I.D. You will not be emailed or sent physical tickets. Please give your name at the door. We strongly suggest arriving by 5:15pm. We overbook all shows to ensure that all seats in the studio are full. Therefore, entry into the studio is on a first come first serve basis. A ticket reservation does not guarantee entry. Our doors open at 5:30pm. Show ends around 8:00pm. You may not obtain tickets for auctions, fundraisers, raffles or any kind of benefits through this ticket reservation system. Individuals may only attend once every six months unless asked back to a specific show by a member of our production staff.”

Their studio is at 513 W. 54th Street, between 10th and 11th Avenues. It is a few doors down from Ars Nova.

I am sooooooooooooo charged about this.

I have a lots of good things and stuff to report but first I have to finish my errands, yes, Monday is Errand Day for moi.

Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: