Friday, May 7, 2010

The Times Square Bomber - Questions????

During the height of the Cold War I was stationed in Washington DC as a Special Agent with the US Army Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC), with a Top Secret clearance. What I learned and experienced then has never left me, even after all of these years.


Because of this background I have to share with you my thoughts on the Times Square Bomber, and it is this ... something doesn’t ring true about this entire scenario. It fails the “smell” test. Now, I am not about to go “conspiracy theorist” on you, but ... I have the gut feeling that the entire matter was not a plot to kill people in Times Square, this time, but rather it was a plot to uncover the scope of the counter-terrorism programs in place in NYC in order to prepare for the “real” terror event to come later.


It was as if Faisal Shahzad was waiving a flag saying ... “Here I am. Catch me now.” This guy is an educated person. Where is his family? Why back in Pakistan, how convenient. And, what does he do when he is captured? Why he waives all of his rights and begins “cooperating” and spilling his guts, telling everything he “knows.” Is he setting the stage for a plea bargain? Remember, no one was injured in his “foiled” plot. And, all of this has been helped by the government and media releasing all of the details of the investigative techniques employed.


Oh, and where have terrorist groups been most successful in recruiting converts? Why, in prisons.


You could make the argument that Shahzad was successful in giving his life to fight the infidels, only it didn’t require him to lose his life.


I could go on and on, but you get my point ... think about it.


Just remember where you read it first.


Bill

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You no doubt remember that he left the key to his apt. on the keyring in the ignition and left his get-a-way car keys in the "bomb" that he was driving, forcing him to take the A train to Pakistani station.