Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Appointment With Cardiologist Went Very Well.


BREAKING NEWS==>This morning at 9:00am I had an appointment with my cardiologist, Dr. Fred Feuerbach, who I have been seeing since July 2001. This appointment was for a stress test and an echo gram to determine if any of my meds should/could be reduced or eliminated.

Everything went extremely well and this is Dr. Fred’s summary, in his own handwriting ...

“Stress/echo. Normal EF 60%. Normal stress test. Valves fine - mild mitral regurgitation - mild tricuspid regurgitation. Aorta Normal. No changes for now. Still considering less medication.”

He was also totally satisfied with the results of the fasting blood work.

To all of this, this 79-year-old guy humbly says==>Thank You My Higher Power, who I choose to call God!

I have to admit to being somewhat emotionally drained though. I mean ... one never knows how the blood work and other tests are going to play out.

Dr. Fred’s office is in the far Eastside, so I actually logged in 2.90 miles on the roundtrip. It was 11:30am when I opened the door to PHC.

I checked my email and then crashed for about 90 minutes. It is now 1:00pm and I feel great ... so ... let’s get back on schedule with Billi Pod’s report card on last night’s Off Broadway show ...

EVERYTHING IS OURS, a comedy about what happens when two people who have it all get one more thing==>A-

This is a totally enjoyable comedy. The “one more thing” is the unexpected arrival of an 11-year-old girl, who “might” be joining their family.

The acting is excellent, especially from the young girl, Rachel Resheff, whose impressive bio includes 4 Broadway shows.

The staging and sets are also excellent.

The show is playing downtown at the HERE Arts Center in SoHo, has a running time of 90 minutes, without intermission, and runs through September 21st.

Billi Pod says==>see this show.

I saw the show with my theater buddy Marty Kosarik aka Whatever and he also enjoyed it.

After the show we walked up to The West Village where we had a great late dinner at Westville on West 10th Street.

Moving on ...

Tonight’s entertainment event is an Off Broadway show ...

7:00==>AMERICAN GAMES - “Baseball phenom Henry Wool is widely considered to be the greatest pitching prospect in the history of the sport--subject of vast speculation, analysis, and media hype. But when he decides to hang it up for good, Henry must deal with the consequences of fame, love, power, and history.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)

This show is playing at another one of the venues at The American Theatre of Actors space on West 54th Street, probably my least favorite Off Broadway venue, has a running time of 2:00, with an intermission, and runs through September 8th.

Yes, I know that last week I promised that I would never again book a show at this venue ... but ... I had already booked this show before I made that promise to my inner self.

So ... let’s get back on a positive note with some sports ...

Yesterday afternoon, out at Yankee Stadium, The House That Greed And Ego Built, The Bronx Bombers put a major ass-whipping on the Chicago White Sox, winning 9-1, in a game that had an almost 2 hour rain delay. The Bombers scored 8 runs in the bottom of the 4th inning.

Tonight it will be Hiroki Kuroda (11-10), who has imploded in his last three outings vs. Chris Sale (10-12) for The White Sox.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger still has some leftover chores and stuff ... so ... time to post this and get at it ...

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>2.97 miles (or, 6,499 steps)

Total mileage since 7/1/13==>228.88 miles (average 3.58 miles per day)

GO YANKEES!! GO GATORS!!

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”



No comments: