Thursday, January 13, 2011

More Info On==>Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress)

On this Thursday morning it is bright and cold in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World, but it is actually colder in Columbia, SC, and Atlanta, GA, than here - go figure.


We still have icy conditions on the sidewalks and particularly at the crosswalks.


Really enjoyed THE NEW YORK IDEA last night==>very funny and well acted. Walked very carefully on the icy sidewalks in The Village - no problems.


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight --


8:15==>SCREENPLAY-“A biting Hollywood satire that examines friendship, rivalry and ambition, while tracing the explosive journey of a film on its way to Oscar night.” (complimentary ticket)


This is playing at the 59th Street Theatre, one of my favorite venues.


RANT==>I hate the new FaceBook profile format that “they” just forced on us. I know, this means nothing to those of you loyal and faithful readers who are not part of the FaceBook community (hint hint - get with it), but those who are, I think, will totally agree with me.


Now, I also want to respond to several recent emails and texts about Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


1. I never claimed that each one was unique and my own “creation.” I fully understand that some of them probably came from somewhere or someone else and were just hidden deep in Billi Pod’s memory. Remember, I just reported that they came out of my head, basically in the order I have posted. I never claimed creativity for every one of them, although I personally think most of them are, to say the least, “unique;”


2. Yes, let me restate==>they were all written in one session (December 2, 2010), that I later estimated as being about 45 minutes long. In retrospect I now believe the “session” was a bit longer, maybe just over an hour;


3. No, I haven’t added anything to the list, all I have ever done was spell-check;


4. Yes, I will post everything on the list - we are about halfway there; and


5. No, on December 2, 2010, I hadn’t relapsed and/or started taking mind altering substances.


Hope this clears things up a bit so I can now leave you loyal and faithful readers with --


Musings from THE MIND OF BILLI POD (a memoir in progress):


“I will rain on your parade if I want to!”


GO GATORS AND GO YANKEES!!


Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: