Saturday, November 7, 2015

Another Health Update and College Football

Saturday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, my promise to myself that I would get back to timely posting on this blog didn’t last very long and I have no one to blame but myself ... oh well ... let’s move on and get started with a brief update from here in Winter Park, in the Sunshine State ...

Since the last posting I have had two major health events.

The first was on Wednesday with the staff of my urologist. With the approval of Dr. Cangiano they removed the catheter and then gave me instructions on what is known as “short term catheterization” which means you insert the catheter yourself on an “as needed basis” to empty your bladder and then take it out. Actually, the process is called “clean intermittent self catheterization” (CISC) and it has a very strict protocol to prevent urinary tract infections.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to empty my bladder so I have to use the process 3 or 4 times per day.

I am happy to report (now that you are through barfing) that the process itself is virtually painless.

The process has given me more freedom physically and emotionally.

The second health event was yet another scan performed at Winter Park Memorial Hospital on Thursday afternoon. This was a renal scan

All of this is in preparation for a sit-down appointment with my urologist on this coming Monday morning at his office in Altamonte Springs. I will Uber to and from the appointment. Hopefully Dr. C will have developed a plan to fully address the blockage issue(s).

I am happy to report that my appetite has improved and that I have made myself get out of the apartment to just walk a bit in my immediate ‘hood. Yesterday I recorded 3.00 miles, by far the best in 3 weeks. Now that is progress, IMHO.

Moving on ...

Today and this evening I will be ensconced in front of my 42” flat screen TV watching college football.


First, of course, with be the Gator/Vandy Homecoming game at noon, carried on ESPN. The Gators are favored by 21 points. With a win we will play in the SEC Championship game in Atlanta against either ‘Bama or LSU. GO GATORS!!

Then it will be ‘Noles/Clemson @ 3:30pm. I will be pulling for the ‘Noles to support Sandy Mullon.

At 8:00pm will be ‘Bama/LSU. I will pulling for the Crimson Tide because my son Bill III aka The Bill is a huge ‘Bama fan.

Speaking of The Bill ... on Sunday evening we will have our usual dinner at the Outback Steakhouse on Aloma Avenue in Winter Park.

OK, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, it is time to post this and then get ready for some college football.


KICK CANCER’S ASS!!

GO GATORS!!

Yesterday’s mileage==>3.00 miles (or, 6,556 steps)


Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

No comments: