Sunday, May 31, 2015

Things And Stuff From Winter Park Village - The Yankees

Sunday==>Well, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, at 12:30pm in Winter Park, FL, it is 85º with considerable cloudiness and there is the possibility of showers in the late afternoon. The high will only be 88º.

About  yesterday ...

In summary==>yesterday was spent doing more unpacking and storing. In the early evening did a major walk and wander session and then settled in to watch the 10:00pm Yankees/Oakland game.

I didn’t go to an AA meeting as planned/reported because the group that I wanted to attend doesn’t meet until Tuesday. Oh well ... will go on Tuesday.

Now ... what about today? Well ... 

This morning I did my usual morning walk-around and my plans for the afternoon are to complete the unpacking and then watch some baseball on my 42” flat screen TV.

For the evening ... at 6:00pm I will be picked up by Randy Haag, who was The Bill’s classmate in High School, and then the three of us will have dinner someplace yet to be determined.

Moving on ...

Oh, man, I know this is so f**king boring, especially to all of my New York theater buddies ... but ... it is what it is ...

The only thing that didn’t successfully make the trip from The Big Apple down to Winter Park Village was my toaster oven. It died. As many of you know, the toaster oven is an essential part of Billi Pod’s lifestyle ... so ... tomorrow’s project will be to get a new one.

Unfortunately, the Publix store across the street doesn’t carry them. I have located a Home Depot about 2 miles away ... so ... tomorrow I will walk over to the store, pick one out and then Uber back to the apartment.

And speaking of the apartment ... I am really getting settled in and it feels totally good. I really like the staff and the few fellow tenants that I have met.

Starting midweek I will begin planning my entertainment schedule and I am happy to say that a lot is going on in the area in both the theater scene and the classical music world. So, stay tuned ...

On the sports scene ...

Well, the Yankees continue to have their up-and-down season. Last night we beat the Athletics, out in Oakland, 5-3 to remain in first place by 1-game over the Rays in the woeful AL East.

This afternoon at 4:05pm will be the final game of the 4-game series. The Yankees are hoping to split the series. On the mound for the Yankees (26-24) will be Adam Warren (3-3) vs. Jesse Chavez (1-5) for Oakland (19-33).

You are welcome, Marty ...

In closing==>I need help/input from you loyal and faithful readers and followers on what I should now call this blog. As you know, it is currently: 

“BILLI POD BLOGS - My Adventures in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In the World”

The BILLI POD BLOGS will remain ... it is the second part I need your help with ... so please ... give me the benefit of your suggestions/thoughts, sans irony and snarkiness, please.

HAVE A GREAT REST OF THE WEEKEND!

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>5.77  miles (or, 12,609 steps)

Total mileage for 2015==>590.37 miles (average 3.94 miles per day)

Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

No comments: