Monday, May 25, 2015

Hello From The Sunshine State - All Is Well - Billi Pod Has A New Apartment


Monday==>Yes, my loyal and faithful readers and followers, your favorite blogger is now an official resident of The Sunshine State, having made the transition from The Big Apple to Florida back on Thursday, May 21st.

This is being written from my son’s house in Orlando, on my ancient and slow and clunky iBookG4, so it’s gonna be kinda short.

The big news==>the movers were excellent, the trip down to Orlando went well ... and ... then ... Thank You Higher Power ... I secured a new apartment ... yes ... a new apartment.

Last Friday I spent most of the afternoon looking at available apartments at two apartment complexes in Winter Park Village, Paseo and The Lofts. It was kinda stressful, to tell the truth.

In the late afternoon I took a deep breath and selected a 858 square foot 1-Bedroom apartment on the second floor of Paseo, which is a newly constructed complex with 209 units. It features every possible amenity. At present it is about 50% occupied. This is the website for Paseo: paseoatwinterparkvillage.com

And the floor plan for my apartment is ...
It is facing North and will receive plenty of natural light. And, for inquiring minds ... the rent is only 40% of what I was paying at PHC.

My residential application has just been approved so we will have a lease signing at 1:00pm on Wednesday.

I have contacted the movers and delivery will be made to the new apartment although I still don’t have a firm arrival date, but I expected that.

I am now in the process of doing things and stuff in preparation for the lease signing, including securing renters insurance, getting a certified check and setting up the utility account(s). Not fun.

So ... everyone ... please know that I am extremely pleased with how well things have gone thus far. 

Please forgive me for the lack of postings. I hope to get back to my daily routine, soon.

And ... in closing==>thanks everyone for all of the supportive emails, texts and posts. They all meant so much to me.

GO YANKEES!!

Yesterday’s Pedometer mileage==>3.68 miles (or, 8,057 steps)

Total mileage for the week==>25.78 miles (average 3.68 miles per day)

Total mileage for 2015==>566.55 miles (average 3.93 miles per day)

Billi Pod
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”


No comments: