Friday, January 27, 2012

What Happened Last Night???

It is gloomy and nasty out this Friday morning in The Big Apple, The Greatest City In The World.


But at least it is a Friday for all of my Worker Bee friends who are counting down the hours as they trudge through their mundane tasks in their cubicles, or at their assigned tables, or in their classrooms, or in ... whatever ...


Just remember guys and gals ... as a Worker Bee your weekend cannot ... repeat ... cannot ... start any earlier than 5:05pm ... as Billi Pod has constantly reminded you. Soooooooo ... keep at it until the designated time arrives.


Anyway ... now on to more important and interesting things ... like what happened to Billi Pod last night. What, those of you not on FaceBook are doubtlessly asking? Well ... this is what went down last night ...


It was 7:30pm and I had just braved the rain to reach my theater, The New World Stages on W. 50th Street, to see RENT with my FaceBook friend, Josh Grisetti, in the lead role of Mark. I picked up my TDF ticket and went downstairs to the theater areas. Just before I gave my ticket to the ticket people I checked my email ... and ...

OMFG!! There was a FaceBook message to me from Josh telling me that he wasn’t in the show tonight because he has the flu. OMFG!! I was there solely for the purpose of seeing him. OMFG!!


I went back upstairs to the ticket booth and told the nice box office lady about the message from Josh and that I really needed to exchange my ticket if at all possible. I even showed her the message from Josh. Frankly, knowing the hard-ass reputation of The New World Stages, I figured I had less than a 10% chance that they would let me exchange the ticket.


Well, my loyal and faithful readers ... to make a long story short==>nice box office lady gave me all the necessary info on how to exchange the ticket for a later date. WHEW!!


Thank goodness I had checked my email before I actually went inside the theater because otherwise I wouldn’t have found out about Josh’s absence until just before the curtain, if then, because I probably wouldn’t have bothered reading the PlayBill since I am so familiar with the show.


So, Josh==>thanks for taking the time to message me and GET WELL SOON!!


I left the theater and sloshed my way back to PHC. Man, was it nasty out.


Spent the rest of the evening alternating between doing crosswords and watching the CNBC programs on Mark Zuckerberg (the founder of FaceBook) and Bill Gates. The Zuckerberg program was very interesting but the Gates one was merely a pandering biopic on what a “wonderful person” Bill Gates is. Sorry, folks, that doesn’t work because==>once The Antichrist, always The Antichrist.


Moving on ...


Billi Pod’s entertainment event for tonight is ...

8:00==>RUSSIAN TRANSPORT - “This family drama, set in the Russian Jewish community of Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn, involves a family which is shaken by the arrival of a dangerous uncle.” (Off Broadway - complimentary ticket)


All of my theater friends who have seen this have given it good reviews so I am looking forward to seeing it. It is playing at a theater on my block and that is nice, especially if the weather doesn’t clear up.


WIT opened last night and received mostly very favorable reviews. The only negative one was by The Wall Street Journal, which is not surprising since this rag has a negative view/opinion on EVERYTHING in the World, regardless of what it is.


Let me close with the latest picture of my darling great-granddaughter Saylor ... she is growing up so quickly ...









Billi Pod

“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

ALEX-157

No comments: