Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Billi Pod's Awesome November 2010

Good evening my loyal and faithful readers. Yes, you are right - Billi Pod is staying in tonight, so there is no excuse for not posting the entertainment stats for last month. My nose is still running and I am coughing a lot.


Frankly, preparing and posting this will prevent me from lying on the couch, sucking my thumb and moaning as I process the breaking news about Urban Meyer’s resignation as Gator football coach. I will deal with that later ... I guess ... I hope ... so ... anyway ...


Here are Billi Pod’s entertainment stats for November 2010 --


In checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) I find that during the month of November 2010 Billi Pod did/saw/attended the following:


4 Broadway shows (Brief Encounters; Elling; Rain-A Tribute to the Beatles on Broadway; and, The Pee Wee Herman Show.); 16 Off Broadway shows; 2 New York Philharmonic Orchestra concerts; and, 1 movie (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows).


Was out of town for 8 nights in Paris with my fraternity brother and former roommate, David West, who now lives fulltime in Paris. He also sorta lives in Gainesville (at the moment).


The highlight of the month was, of course, the time with David, which included an awesome 3 day road trip to Normandy where we visited the D-Day landing sites, solo, and with a small tour group.


Also high on the highlight list was the wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner with my AA buds (you know who you are) and their families. Thanks guys and gals.


There were downsides to the month also, the major one being the nationwide ass-kicking the Democrats received and the obvious spanking given to Obama.


Gator football was also high on the list, with their record a dismal 2 wins and 2 losses, the losses being humiliating defeats by South Carolina and Florida State - barf and double barf.


The most amazing stat, in my humble opinion is the fact the during the time I was in the City there were only 3 days/nights when Billi Pod didn’t attend some entertainment event, and each of those were because of important sporting events on TV.


I posted regularly to my FaceBook Wall http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=name&id=100000655659050 and 26 times on this blog, although in a somewhat abbreviated format.


So, my loyal and faithful readers, there you have it. I think it remains pretty awesome for a 76+ year old guy, but then ... it is up to you because ...


I report - you decide.


GO YANKEES AND GO GATORS!!


Billi Pod

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: