Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday - picture of typical Japanese meal, and more ...


Thought I would entice you with this picture of a typical Japanese meal. Man, do I miss them now that I am back in the good old US of A. Oh yes, I miss my noodles and salty, slimy eel, oh well ...

Speaking of meals - yes I was speaking of meals, listen the fuck up - I will head downtown around noon to have lunch with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed at a trendy Lower Eastside restaurant, Schillers, at Rivington and Norfolk. It is one of my favorite places.

You know, they say that every high is followed by a low and, well, they (whoever they are) are right. When I got back to the apartment last night I was flying high and could hardly wait to post about the awesome New York Philharmonic concert at Carnegie Hall. As I was writing I was also watching the Yankees/Oakland game which started at 10:00 EDT. It was awful and the Yankees lost 4-8 and were never in the game after the first inning. The loss put them back into the .500 mire that they can’t seem to extricate themselves from. I guess they are at .500 because they are, in fact, just an average ball club this season. What a downer. Needless-to-say, I switched channels. Better to watch Fox News or QVC that this drek. Barf.

On a more positive note - I added two additional shows to my already outstanding upcoming entertainment schedule --

Saturday - 2:15 - Vincent River - “Olivier Award-winning actress Deborah Findlay and newcomer Mark Field star in the New York premiere of Philip Ridley's Vincent River. The play will be presented as part of Brits Off Broadway. This gripping thriller focuses on the meeting between a grief-stricken mother and a young boy who is in some way connected to the death of her son.” (complimentary ticket).

Sunday - 8:00 - Grind - “The York Theatre Company continues its acclaimed Musicals in Mufti Series (musical theatre gems in staged concert performances) with GRIND. This musical comedy features music by Larry Grossman, lyrics by Ellen Fitzhugh and a new book by Brad Rouse. It portrays a Chicago burlesque house during the depths of the Great Depression where racial tensions explode.” (discounted TDF ticket).

Oh, I want to thank my grandson Lex, of Elgin, South Carolina, for his “positive” comments to my Wednesday in the Big Apple post. I am asking for DNA samples from him and his Mother and I will pay for all of the testing. ‘Nuff said.

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: