Monday, August 3, 2009

July 2009 - AWESOME!!


July 2009 was another awesome month for me in The Big Apple and I continue to inwardly and spiritually express my deepest gratitude to My Higher Power, whom I choose to call God, for this wonderful life and life-style I have been permitted to live. Let me share with you what I mean --

After checking my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries), I find that during the month I saw/attended/did the following:

1 Broadway show (the outstanding revival of West Side Story); 12 Off Broadway shows; 3 classical music concerts (1 by The New York Philharmonic and 2 by The Mostly Mozart Festival Orchestra); 7 Yankee baseball games (their record for those games - 4 wins and 3 losses); 3 movies (“Moon;” “Year One;” and, the terrific “Star Trek”); and, the entertainment highlight of the month - a taping of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Celebrating the 4th of July by witnessing the Fireworks Show on the Hudson River from the vantage point of the roof of 420 W. 42nd Street was awe-inspiring and unforgettable. OMG!!

I was able to spend some quality time, on two different occasions, with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed and also with out-of-towners Dwight and Joanne Wells.

A lot of time was spent walking around my new ‘hood and getting more settled into PHC in 420 W. 42nd Street. I was able to successfully put together a full sized bed, 2 night stands (each with 2 drawers) and a 6 drawer chest, all from IKEA, without the necessity of going into rehab or even seeking a therapist. I really feel comfortable in my new habitat and the transition to becoming a true Westsider has been easier than I anticipated.

I posted to this blog 13 times.

From a health standpoint everything is doing and working fine and I successfully passed my semiannual appointment with my urologist, Dr. Erik Goluboff, and his DRE exam (known as the “finger-up-the-butt” exam). PSA was 1.1.

July marked the eleventh year since my dear friend William “Moon” Mullon of Anna Maria, FL, left us and I still miss him as does his family and friends.

As far as the Big Apple is concerned the only downside for the month was the nasty weather with almost daily rain storms, often coming during either the morning or evening rush-hours, or both. Luckily 420 W. 42nd St. is located within easy walking distance of most of my usual theater venues and only a block away from the transportation hub located at the Port Authority Terminal.

When all of my entertainment events are counted I find that I stayed in PHC only 3 days/evenings without attending some entertainment event, a statistic which I think is pretty awesome in and of itself, don’t you?

In August I am eagerly looking forward to: Sandy Mullon’s visit on August 11-14; seeing the Yankees kick FuckSox ass; attending my first game at Citifield, new home of the Mets; seeing many shows at the NY Fringe Festival, including a play, “The Boys Upstairs.” that is being produced by my friend Justin Allen Pifer; verifying that Benjamin Sears is indeed still alive; celebrating student/bartender/manager Scott Reed’s 23rd birthday; and, acknowledging/celebrating a birthday milestone for my soul-mate Federal Court of Appeals Judge Rosemary Barkett of Miami, FL.

Yes, my loyal and faithful readers, I am indeed blessed to be where I am at this point in time in The Greatest City in the World.

Thank You, My Higher Power, Thank You!!

Billi Pod
“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

No comments: