Sunday, November 2, 2008

October 2008 - Another Awesome Month!!

I know, I know - I use the word “awesome” too much, especially as it relates to the life-style that I am so blessed to be living in The Greatest City in the World, but please understand, I am not bragging or anything like that, I am merely reporting. OK?

I have just finished reviewing my daily log (log, not diary - real guys don’t keep diaries) for the month of October 2008 and it confirmed my feeling that it was another “awesome” month entertainment-wise. I find that during the month I saw/attended/did the following:

2 Broadway shows (Speed the Plow and American Buffalo); 18 Off Broadway shows; 2 New York Philharmonic concerts; and, 1 movie (Nick & Nora’s Endless Playlist). Noticeably missing is any reference to post-season activity on behalf of The Yankees.

Was able to spend an evening, including dinner and theater, with Sandy Mullon of Anna Maria, FL, and have face-time twice with student/bartender/manager Scott Reed. Got my annual flu shot and finally got around to filing my 2007 tax returns (we won’t go into the reasons why I always, and I mean always, get an extension).

Reconnected with some of my old AA buddies (you know who you are) and we have been able to share and discuss some of the stresses caused by the current economic implosion. It ain't pretty. Hang in there guys, One Day at a Time.

I was in Paris for 7 nights with my former roommate and fraternity brother David West of Gainesville, FL, and Paris, FR, in his rental apartment in the Latin Quarter on the Left Bank. We had a terrific time together, including out-of-Paris day trips to Giverny to visit Claude Monet’s residence and to Napoleon and Josephine’s chateau at Malmaison. We also had excellent meals at various restaurants. I had several days on my own to visit the Pompidou Center, Napoleon's Tomb at the Hotel des Invalides, which also houses The French Army Museums, and the Musee d’Orsay.

Again, David, thank you so very much for your continued friendship and hospitality. I look forward to seeing you back in Paris in the Spring of 2009.

With all of these activities I was somewhat surprised that I had, gasp, a total of 4 days/nights during the month without some entertainment event. Oh well ... what can I say?

In accordance with my promise to keep my loyal and faithful readers up-to-date I posted 23 times to this blog, making a total of 144 postings since the blog was created on April 6, 2008. Yes, you are indeed welcome.

I have lots of other things and stuff to write about but will post this and then will probably write another post when I get back from tonight’s show, an Off Broadway play called “Romantic Poetry.”

Go Gators!!

Billi Pod
wanjr@aol.com

No comments: